Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
The smallest caliber I would choose as a second hunting rifle is a 6.5mm. I have had considerable experience with the 6.5x55 and the 6.5 Creedmoor, there is no difference between the two as far as performance on game is concerned. The .260 rem falls between these two, so it will deliver the same performance.
THIS !!!

Like you, I too have a 30-06. All my hunting done in the EC. I have used my 30-06 paired with a 150grain bullet for kudu down to springbok.

I also had 223 that was awesome to shoot and my son loved using it at the range. Unfortunately my local GS ruined it after fitting a suppressor. It kept on throwing out flyers and I lost all confidence in it.
Must admitted that it became an issue before this as most farmers were unhappy for me to hunt with it. Lots of EC farmers won’t let you hunt with anything less than a 6mm.

I eventually upgraded my 223 to a 6.5mm Creedmoor with a heavy barrel.
What an amazing rifle!!!!!
My son loves shooting it, even more than the 223 due to its unbelievable accuracy, regardless of the idiot behind the trigger. The recoil is no existent and it’s not that heavy to carry.
I now only hunt with my CM paired with a 140grain bullet and does exactly what my 30-06 did, just better. Much much better.
Unfortunately my beautiful 30-06 Steyr has not seen the outside world in 2 years.

I don’t reload yet, but the CM is no more expensive to feed than my 30-06.

You won’t go wrong with a CM!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk