Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: "LICENCE THE PERSON, REGISTER THE FIREARM" - PUBLIC COMMENT

So you complain with just about all having to wait months for approval. And point out how for example in USA its working.

Now there is option to decide to go for something that will work different. And will more then likely reduce times for waiting.

And you feel thats wrong.

And then you point out will cause more people to own more firearms? So your wanting to restrict people from deciding if they want to own and how many they want to own.

Do you only own 1 firearm?

And the "We" is all the shooters who are looking into getting a better process and not letting someone else or CFR on own work out a new plan.

Rather then those wanting to not get involved sit over and let others do the work for them.

Also why do you think your opinion matters to anyone?

User

So let me get this straight.

We have to prove we are competent by doing a few silly courses. 6 months and I have a POS paper telling me I'm competent. WoW.

Now I go to the gun shop buy my gun but can't get it cause a government employee needs to decide if I can get one. What? He or she decides this on a whim after looking at my competency papers.
    So now I get my gun and when I get my second weapon same thing needs to happen. The only difference now is that I am applying it on Sec 16 cause MUH SPORT FAN. Oh don't forget the "motivation".
    How stupid is that?

How about we license the person where we check for criminal records and 365 activism of abuse against women and children(Of course only applies to men). If you come out clean and get approved just register the weapon on your name.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    One point
    It is "our guns" doing CIT

because they are security industry licensed firearms, Dashprod at nearly every scene. I'll wager we will start to see ALOT of AR15s soon enough as well
    Those are not our prods, those are from the taxi syndicates.
    The majority of high profile heists are still turning up full auto R4/5/6's and AK's, those are not ours.
    Z88's always in the news, not ours.

It is still very much police and army weapons being used to commit these crimes.
    What we have now is a very different picture from what we will have, when one house is broken into and 20 AR's are stolen, then next week the police are in the paper linking them to the a house robbery and private firearm ownership.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    But fundamentally, less guns = less problems for gun owners.
    Before section 16 became so mainstream we had less problems and less attempts at licence restrictions, the current proposal will have "sport shooting" trending

Very reminiscant of the "I am more dedicated than you argument'

More gun owners, equals a stronger lobby
    Bud, this is Africa, your lobby means fuck all to these fucktards in power.
    If you believe that your lobby will save your rights, please give an explanation on how etolls still exist with a majority disapproval rating from the public and multiple civil rights organisations fighting the issue.
    These organisation have a combined strength bigger than the firearm lobby will ever be in this country and their opinion meant fuckall.

It has got nothing to do with "I'm most dedicatedest".
    It is about remaining under the radar and not being thrust into the spotlight by pieleitjie who wants to "tune ouens about his gats".
    I promise you when the chips are down, these wannabe fans boys will fold to attempts at restriction, so you won't have a lobby, you would just have a bigger target to hit.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    So you complain with just about all having to wait months for approval. And point out how for example in USA its working.

Now there is option to decide to go for something that will work different. And will more then likely reduce times for waiting.

And you feel thats wrong.

And then you point out will cause more people to own more firearms? So your wanting to restrict people from deciding if they want to own and how many they want to own.

Do you only own 1 firearm?

And the "We" is all the shooters who are looking into getting a better process and not letting someone else or CFR on own work out a new plan.

Rather then those wanting to not get involved sit over and let others do the work for them.

Also why do you think your opinion matters to anyone?
    The CFR has no will to make ownership easier, in fact they blatantly disregard court orders to make it as difficult as possible.
    Now you think you're going to get a system from a first world country to work in Africa with all the political tension and interference?
    Sorry bud, I don't live in a dream world.

I don't think my opinion matters and that's why I didn't start a post advocating against licence the person, but my opinion was specifically sought out in this thread, so I gave it.
    Once again though your response reeks of immaturity.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Hellhound View Post
    How about we license the person where we check for criminal records and 365 activism of abuse against women and children(Of course only applies to men). If you come out clean and get approved just register the weapon on your name.
    This sounds great, but could you explain what it would achieve?

User

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3