Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: "LICENCE THE PERSON, REGISTER THE FIREARM" - PUBLIC COMMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    I don't support the idea, nor do I think it is achievable.
    Why do you assume that me not blindly following your idea of something great is apathy?
    Ok. As long as we dont catch you complaining of your apps takes long.

Do we really want to give the government the opportunity to "negotiate" even further with the laws.

Any chance they get they will seek to take away, rather than give us more rights or make things easier.
    We might just end up with even less than we had bargained for.

Let sleeping dogs lie comes to mind, though I hope that is not the case and if implemented it streamlines the process, but we all know the government's position on firearms.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Do we really want to give the government the opportunity to "negotiate" even further with the laws.

Any chance they get they will seek to take away, rather than give us more rights or make things easier.
    We might just end up with even less than we had bargained for.

Let sleeping dogs lie comes to mind, though I hope that is not the case and if implemented it streamlines the process, but we all know the government's position on firearms.
    Somebody who gets it!

Why on earth would THIS gov't want to make things easier for gun owners? Sorry,it's delusional to think they care about efficiency and anybody who believes they do, I dunno how to break it to you...

User

Who's driving the concept?I've not put any thought into it other than being wishful and hoping it would somehow mirror the US ideology. Call it a "day dream"...These online votes, to me, are like thoughts and prayers (not taking a dig at religion).If it's more than an online petition, I would consider things based on "who" is driving it and what "their" agenda is. If you want to fight something then go for it. If others don't share your ideas it's just that. Rather substantiate before calling the kettle.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Flanjet View Post
    Morning Gleock,

Why dont you support the amendment?
    Just interested.
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    Perhaps not in your case, bud, but perhaps still worthwhile trying even if you "do not think it is achievable". That said, there do seem to be a large number of people who either have not heard about this or have not yet got around to noting their support.

Like Flanjet has said, out of interest why are you not in support? Are you happy with the ever-increasing delays and willy-nilly rejections of applications and renewals on the part of the CRF with their current licensing system?
    I have a lot of reasons, but I will try be brief about the main points.

More weapons out there, more attempts to restrict them(more guns, more problems for us):
    Radio interviews in the past that brought SLR licencing and unrestricted ammo limits into the spotlight and gave use proposed amendments that would have severely restricted our rights.
    There was a push to increase slr ownership as it was thought it would be harder to restrict with more owners, which is wrong if we look how government handled etolls an that had more public opposition than firearm restrictions can ever dream off. This point was proven when the minister publicly acknowledged the increase in application back then.

The proposed licencing system will require a rewrite of the FCA, because it is contrary to the principles of the current FCA, namely stopping the proliferation of firearms.
    We could end up with licence the person, but stricter measures and limits on the registrations, like max guns.
    Or, it could be used in a cunning way, to swing public perception against private ownership and result in an outright ban.

This is a bit fringe theory, but worth mentioning.
    We have a conviction rate of 6% or something stupid, it would be to easy for "unconvicted" criminals to stockpile and supply weapons, which would then be legal guns, which we are always say it's not our guns doing CIT heists, that would change fast. I can see a lot of ways this could happen with the legal owner never seeing a jail cell.
    The alternative would be certain radical political parties stockpiling weapons, bought with party funds at levels no ordinary civilian could ever keep up with.
    Remember government is shit scared of the amount of firearms with private security companies, imagine when they realise political parties are taking advantage of laws to build arsenals.
    This is where that public perception change would come in.

But fundamentally, less guns = less problems for gun owners.
    Before section 16 became so mainstream we had less problems and less attempts at licence restrictions, the current proposal will have "sport shooting" trending.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Ok. As long as we dont catch you complaining of your apps takes long.
    Who is "We"?
    What will you do when you do catch me?
    Why do you feel your opinion matters to me?

I can be unhappy with the current wait times and still not support your proposal, it is not the only solution, although it may seem that way to you.
    Honestly your response comes off as incredibly childish.

User

Who is "We"?What will you do when you do catch me?Why do you feel your opinion matters to me?I can be unhappy with the current wait times and still not support your proposal, it is not the only solution, although it may seem that way to you.Honestly your response comes off as incredibly childish.
    Agreed. It frankly sounds rather entitled. Similar to pulling a "soccer card" when you have no substance to your argument.

User

Our government is a bunch of communist criminals, whatever firearm system is in place is a moot point.
    I would fully support the idea of licensing the person, but it’s a system that cannot work in SA since nothing works in SA. All people, including all firearm owners must spend their energy getting rid of the anc, only then can people start to look at correcting licensing procedures.

Using resources for this goal currently is pointless.

User

I have a lot of reasons, but I will try be brief about the main points.

More weapons out there, more attempts to restrict them(more guns, more problems for us):
    Radio interviews in the past that brought SLR licencing and unrestricted ammo limits into the spotlight and gave use proposed amendments that would have severely restricted our rights.
    There was a push to increase slr ownership as it was thought it would be harder to restrict with more owners, which is wrong if we look how government handled etolls an that had more public opposition than firearm restrictions can ever dream off. This point was proven when the minister publicly acknowledged the increase in application back then.

The proposed licencing system will require a rewrite of the FCA, because it is contrary to the principles of the current FCA, namely stopping the proliferation of firearms.
    We could end up with licence the person, but stricter measures and limits on the registrations, like max guns.
    Or, it could be used in a cunning way, to swing public perception against private ownership and result in an outright ban.

This is a bit fringe theory, but worth mentioning.
    We have a conviction rate of 6% or something stupid, it would be to easy for "unconvicted" criminals to stockpile and supply weapons, which would then be legal guns, which we are always say it's not our guns doing CIT heists, that would change fast. I can see a lot of ways this could happen with the legal owner never seeing a jail cell.
    The alternative would be certain radical political parties stockpiling weapons, bought with party funds at levels no ordinary civilian could ever keep up with.
    Remember government is shit scared of the amount of firearms with private security companies, imagine when they realise political parties are taking advantage of laws to build arsenals.
    This is where that public perception change would come in.

Before section 16 became so mainstream we had less problems and less attempts at licence restrictions, the current proposal will have "sport shooting" trending.
    One point
    It is "our guns" doing CIT

because they are security industry licensed firearms, Dashprod at nearly every scene. I'll wager we will start to see ALOT of AR15s soon enough as well

User

Before section 16 became so mainstream we had less problems and less attempts at licence restrictions, the current proposal will have "sport shooting" trending

Very reminiscant of the "I am more dedicated than you argument'

More gun owners, equals a stronger lobby

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast