Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default What PCC rifles are available?

Hi all, do you know of any 9mmP PCC available and at what price?
    TIA

Default Re: What PCC rifles are available?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Hi all, do you know of any 9mmP PCC available and at what price?
    TIA
    Where are you based? And what is the intended purpose of the 9mm PCC?

Got myself a second hand Beretta CX4 Storm from DSG when they were on special @R7.5K. Might shoot IPSC/ 3GN with it when I eventually the license.

I hear good things about the Grand Power Stribog. Seems like an excellent all-round competition PCC. MRST in Pretoria imports them.. They're just under R20K if I'm not mistaken.

Safari Outdoor has CZ Scorpions but they're over R20K. Most 9mm ARs are also in that price range.

Saw a Ruger PC9 at Tacical HQ some weeks back but I didn't ask for the price. Maybe call them and find out.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

User

Thanks for the reply. My plan is to shoot Ipsc rifle and pcc matches. Its getting expensive and time consuming to reload 223 and I want some more "action" than with my 15-22. The AR based pcc's are getting more ridiculous by the day. Sounds like a 16" barrel is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Thanks for the reply. My plan is to shoot Ipsc rifle and pcc matches. Its getting expensive and time consuming to reload 223 and I want some more "action" than with my 15-22. The AR based pcc's are getting more ridiculous by the day. Sounds like a 16" barrel is the way to go.
    Never owned a .223 but it does seem like a costly exercise and a mission to reload rifle cartridges for competitions.

I'm with you on the barrel length. The Scorpion's 8" barrel is just a fraction longer than a full-sized handgun with a Roni. Not worth the hefty price tag in my opinion. Would be interesting to see how it performs at 100m.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Ive got one on order the Ruger PC Charger in 9mmP. It actually has arrived in SA.

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Ive got one on order the Ruger PC Charger in 9mmP. It actually has arrived in SA.
    How did you arange the import? I've also considered importing, but there are so many hurdles.

Quote Originally Posted by Janneman27 View Post
    How did you arange the import? I've also considered importing, but there are so many hurdles.
    Did not import. Ordered through Guns n Bows, CPT the Ruger agents. They getting a couple in. In fact already arrived. Just clearing.

Ive not asked G&B if they have braces. But have checked with Brownells. And there is no restrictions on shipping a Brace for a Ruger Charger from USA to SA so no permit needed.

Because somehow a Brace is not a Stock. One of those things where it looks like, feels like, handles like, operates like and does same role as. But is not. lol

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post

Because somehow a Brace is not a Stock. One of those things where it looks like, feels like, handles like, operates like and does same role as. But is not. lol
    For now. The ATF is revisiting braces. Again.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

I have a DM9, 10 inch barrel, (DM4 9mm) and although I know it is not a popular subject this gun just shoot with no issues. I replaced (free of charge ) the buffer with a heavier one, and thus far I had no trouble with it. I like the fact that it takes 9mm Glock magazines, and it is as accurate out to 50 meters as my capabilities allow. I haven't tested it further than 50 meters, just because I don't think that's what it is meant to do, but I suppose it will be capable to do it.
    The upper and lower is made from billet aluminium, and some where I was told it is imported billets from New Frontier Armoury, and that only the barrel is made by Musgrave. How true this is I don't know, but the overall fit and finish is quite good. It also has the last round bolt hold open.
    A lot of AR accessories will fit the gun, and there are several barrel lengths available...and you get local support. Just my 2 cents worth !

User

Absolutely love my scorpion. Had it for 5 years now , no issues.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast