Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: PLEASE DO YOUR PART - I AM TRYING TO KEEP THIS ALIVE.

I am slow in the morning so please excuse if this is a dumb question. What exactly do people want when they say License The Person, Register The Firearm?

License the person- done, we have competencies

Register the firearm- are we asking to
    Stop motivations
    Stop sections
    Make licensing digital

User

Quote Originally Posted by Luker View Post
    How so ? Kopdoek lost in court.
    My point exactly. Legal action is how you get shit done in this country. We'd be without green licenses if we had to depend on petitions and not on the SA Hunters legal action.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    If "fighting" is signing petitions and preaching to the converted on gun forums then leave me out of it because it's a waste of time and is no better than posting on social media with hashtags.

Rather donate to court cases that actually get shit done.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    I am slow in the morning so please excuse if this is a dumb question. What exactly do people want when they say License The Person, Register The Firearm?
    Basically they want to cut out the licensing shlep we have.
    So once a person has their competency (including criminal record check and safe storage check), they can just go and buy whatever guns they are competent with and the dealership just checks on the system, verifies things and hands them over.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceofspades View Post
    Hey night rider

If you want to quote me, quote me in full context of what I said.

You Molon Labe full on, but you don't want to put your name on black and white to say that you want to Molon Labe?

There are so many actions to take for the fight of firearm ownership and you boot the easiest part of it. Always trying the difficult method. You are blue on blue contact.

Cheers mate.

Kriek
    I'll put it to you, that you choose the easiest part instead so that you can stand on the soapbox and claim to be helping the fight whilst actually achieving nothing, like using a "Stop Farm Murders" profile pic on Facebook.

I'll admit that "license the person, register the firearm" is a great idea, but it's never happening under ANC rule.
    Go show me where a gun petition resulted in a positive change in the FCA in its 16,5 year history and if you can find one, I'll happily sign any pro-gun petitions on Gunsite - I'm not unreasonable. Cheers.

Banned

Your input through the Dear South Africa platform creates impact by legally influencing government decisions BEFORE implementation. This is not a petition. It is a mandated policy formation process which government is legally obliged to follow. We record indisputable evidence of all public participation (required for a legal challenge, if necessary). Mass participation is essential. PLEASE HAVE YOUR SAY NOW. Your voice matters.

If the the above is legit and of any value.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3