Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: Polishing Glock Internals, How Much Difference Does It Make

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    We recently had a Glock come to us after a DIY polish job that wouldn't fire after after the third shot. Replaced all the internals with OEM parts and guess what it was fine.

A 2 kg disconnector is your easiest upgrade.
    Wow ok. Yeah was going the connector route as well. Was thinking about putting in a new trigger as well, but I have heard that you don't put a competition trigger in your EDC as you risk a light strike and so risk your life.

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Wow ok. Yeah was going the connector route as well. Was thinking about putting in a new trigger as well, but I have heard that you don't put a competition trigger in your EDC as you risk a light strike and so risk your life.
    The 2kg connector is the way to go in that it makes the pull lighter but not too light. A Glock is essentially double action in that it is only partially pre clocked. It will always be long and mushy compared to say a 1911, Smith revolver in single action or even a Z88 trigger which is like breaking a glass rod after the first shot double action.

The best polish to apply to any handgun is 1000 rounds of constructive training.

I personally don’t think there’s a problem with polishing some internals.
    It’s a little buffing. Not sanding or anything so it’s not making your gun unsafe.
    It won’t change the geometry of your connector and trigger bar

User

I've polished the connector and cruciform on one of mine, it made a noticeable difference along with the 2kg connector and gen 3 trigger bar.

Very cautious and slow, check you are not removing material and surfaces remain the same shape if you decide to do it.

Shooting it made more of a difference in the end

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    I've polished the connector and cruciform on one of mine, it made a noticeable difference along with the 2kg connector and gen 3 trigger bar.

Very cautious and slow, check you are not removing material and surfaces remain the same shape if you decide to do it.

Yep did mine too. Made it smoother

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post

What lube did you use to polish?

I have a Glock 19 Gen 4. Someone else recommended the Gen 3 trigger bar as well, are the two compatible? How much difference does it make.

If you look at these triggers, which one of the "Gen 3 Grooved Trigger" or "Gen3 Smooth Trigger" would you recommend.

User

If you want a gooder trigger.

Minus connector. And let me say this. I went through maybe 5 or 6, they can produce different trigger pulls.
    Gen 3 trigger bar
    Flat faced trigger

Reduced striker, plunger spring, increased trigger spring- only if it's a gaming gun.

User

Oh and then shoot it 20 000 times. That helps.

User

If I want to polish anything on a gun, I always do it manually on a peace of glass/mirror and use 1200 and 1500 grit water paper. That way you don't have much of a chance to remove metal or change profiles. My gaming Glock has got a minus connector and a red firing pin spring and all mating surfaces are polished, now the trigger breaks just above 5 lbs.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast