Default Green License question.

Hi All.

Simple question, yet a bit hard to find accurate info.

What's the latest on the Green License vs White License?

A family member has both Green and White licenses for the same firearm, however the White has unfortunately expired and we are in the process of amnesty and transfer of ownership etc.

The Green License has no expiry date on it and the White license does.

What does this mean? Is the firearm still licensed and legal or does the white license supercede the green one?

I'm hazy on the details and haven't been able to follow much of the court cases and so forth as I've been out of the country for a few years.

Kind Regards

GCS.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Green License question.

Well the green one is no longer valid.

If a white one was any case issued for same firearm. At the time of the white one issue. The green one Auto expired for that firearm.

But currently none of the green valid anymore due to court ruling.

So make use of amnesty and re apply.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Well the green one is no longer valid. If a white one was any case issued for same firearm. At the time of the white one issue. The green one Auto expired for that firearm.But currently none of the green valid anymore due to court ruling.So make use of amnesty and re apply.
    Your second last sentence, are you saying no green licenses are valid?

User

Quote Originally Posted by gerhardsteenkamp View Post
    Hi All.

Simple question, yet a bit hard to find accurate info.

What's the latest on the Green License vs White License?

A family member has both Green and White licenses for the same firearm, however the White has unfortunately expired and we are in the process of amnesty and transfer of ownership etc.

The Green License has no expiry date on it and the White license does.

What does this mean? Is the firearm still licensed and legal or does the white license supercede the green one?

I'm hazy on the details and haven't been able to follow much of the court cases and so forth as I've been out of the country for a few years.

Kind Regards

GCS.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    If the family member has already started the process to use the amnesty to reapply for the license or transfer ownership, i.e. have someone else apply that just needs to be completed and run its course.