Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default .22 ammunition reliability test.

I know tests can be faked and results manipulated etc.
    I see no reason for these tests to be faked.
    Look after the 03.45 minutes mark interesting indeed.
    My problem is I have had more un-abused .22 round FTF than he has with his torture test rounds.

Default Re: .22 ammunition reliability test.

Very informative. Thank you

With a 22 sometimes its merely some wax and other coating on bullet that scrapes off in chamber causing the bullet feeding in not to seat properly. Or cause more drag extracting reducing bolt speed and inertia to chamber the next round. Then also gunk with 22lr built up quick around extractor and bolt face. also causing issues. Cleaning these two main areas even leaving barrel inside uncleaned. Reduces issues. Or in my case have proofed to do.

Ok so here's a newbie question. So isn't it then time to start manufacturing .22 ammo differently? Center fire, etc. I suppose it would be a little tricky considering all the guns that are out there but change starts slowly.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Ok so here's a newbie question. So isn't it then time to start manufacturing .22 ammo differently? Center fire, etc. I suppose it would be a little tricky considering all the guns that are out there but change starts slowly.
    I have always thought that a center fire version of the .22 WMR would be a great small game cartridge. The problem, I think, is the cost. Rimfire ammunition is cheaper to manufacture.

Banned

I battle to see the need for the wax etc in these days of gilding metals, surely the wax is a relic ?

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    I have always thought that a center fire version of the .22 WMR would be a great small game cartridge. The problem, I think, is the cost. Rimfire ammunition is cheaper to manufacture.
    I tell you what, I don't use .22 but if it was something that I did use I would definitely be prepared to pay more for ammo that is more reliable over cheaper ammo that gave the odd problem.

If we had decent gun laws I would definitely own a .22 but as it stands we don't so I can't unless of course I go dedicated but that is something I'm not interested in right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    I tell you what, I don't use .22 but if it was something that I did use I would definitely be prepared to pay more for ammo that is more reliable over cheaper ammo that gave the odd problem.If we had decent gun laws I would definitely own a .22 but as it stands we don't so I can't unless of course I go dedicated but that is something I'm not interested in right now.
    SM, what is stopping you?. 22 LR licences are the same as any Section 15 or even Section 13.

Quote Originally Posted by killzone View Post
    SM, what is stopping you?. 22 LR licences are the same as any Section 15 or even Section 13.
    Well my S13 and S15 slots are all filled up. I had one S15 slot open for a while but that was (or is to be) filled up when you guys convinced me to go for a G17 instead of a .223 which I'm really glad for.

Now I understand. You made the correct choice with regards to the Glock 17."Two is one, and one is none"

But a firearm collection is not complete with at least one Rimfire... Do it!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast