Default You guys get Springfield Armory XD / HS Produkt HS2000 pistols right?

Well, here in the US I recently got a XDM-45 4.5 Fiber Optic to go with my original IM Metal HS2000 and Springfield Armory XD-45 Service Model.

I noticed on SA's website, they no longer have any .40 S&W models. All the Mod. 2 guns are no longer listed except for the single stack. The XDMs are limited to 10mm and .45 ACP except for the super fancy tricked out models and they're only in 9mm and the compact XDMs are gone except for the 9mm models too and they're now listed under the fancy tricked out models. Lastly, the original HS2000/XD is only in 9mm. No .45 ACP full size or compact in the original model.

It seems to me that SA is really starting to cut down on the XD and XDM models that they carried. Which kinda sucks because I'd like to find a Mod. 2 XD-45 5" model like this...

But without the Grip Zone marking like on this compact.

In South Africa, is HS Produkt selling them directly to importers or are you guys getting them through Springfield Armory here in America? Also, are you getting more models than what we get in the US?
    Did Springfiel

d Armory stop importing a lot of the HS2000 models?
    FL State GOA Director - Join GOA
    New Wave Firearms

User

Default Re: You guys get Springfield Armory XD / HS Produkt HS2000 pistols right?

Can't answer you on the who's and whys of importing Springfield vs HS but here's my 2-cents.

We had a lot of Springfield's in the country around 7/8 years back. I actually bought the 3" XD-S for my wife as it was pretty good value; had tritium sights and a couple of other trick bits straight out the box.

And then the supply of Springfield died and was replaced by HS.

And then a while later that supply all but stopped. I've noticed in the last 12 months or so that HS is starting to pop up more frequently at a handful of gun shops and it's being pushed pretty hard.