Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default No Beretta Love?

Hi guys. New to the forum and very recently purchased a Beretta APX (still in the process of getting my license).

As far as I can see almost all here owns either a Glock or a CZ? Don't get me wrong I think they are all really great firearms and if they were priced right I would have probably gotten either, but are their any others with Beretta's? All the reviews I have looked at could not really fault the APX and is right on par with a Glock 19 for example. Is there a reason why they are not popular? Not trying start a war or anything just curious!

Shot gents!

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Default Re: No Beretta Love?

Welcome to GS, I see it's your first post.
    Also a Beretta fan, 92 to be specific. You bought a good gun pal, enjoy it.

User

Reviews can be misleading as often the people doing the review have some commercial interest in the product.
    Beretta make fine firearms, there will be many on the forum who have or have had one. Don't know about the APX generation though.
    People normally want some product support to make getting bits and pieces less of a headache, this is the primary reason why they are popular, especially with high round count shooters. Some shoot more i one session than I may shoot in a year.
    Guys still buy and shoot Browning High powers and the like, they work.
    So it's probably a decent enough handgun, just not the flavour of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaShooter_86 View Post
    Hi guys. New to the forum and very recently purchased a Beretta APX (still in the process of getting my license).

As far as I can see almost all here owns either a Glock or a CZ? Don't get me wrong I think they are all really great firearms and if they were priced right I would have probably gotten either, but are their any others with Beretta's? All the reviews I have looked at could not really fault the APX and is right on par with a Glock 19 for example. Is there a reason why they are not popular? Not trying start a war or anything just curious!

Shot gents!

First of all congrats on the new purchase!

I have an APX Full Size and a PX4 compact. As you can probably tell from my handle I'm a bit of a fanboy of "Italian brands that starts with a B and ends with a vowel".

The reason why Glock and CZ are far more popular in SA than other makes is partly due to the local support. You can walk into any gun shop in SA and pick up most Glock factory parts/ magazines/ aftermarket accessories without placing an order. CZ is a very close second when it comes to local support. What you don't find in a store, you'll definitely find on Jizni.

Smith & Wesson and Sig Sauer have upped their game in recent years from what I've heard and seen.

Beretta is distributed by Normark Africa. Have nothing against them but trying to find affordable (below R2000) tritium sights for my two handguns was a mission. I ended up buying both of them from the US. Magazines and recoil springs are sometimes available, but you'll almost certainly struggle to find most factory parts and aftermarket performance parts (eg. competition triggers/ striker springs/ low profile decock levers for the PX4). Other than that Beretta products have stood the test of time and are battle-proven. It is the oldest gunmaker in the world afterall.

Let's hope local support will improve as their newer models gain more popularity. The APX is a fantastic gun with a really interesting modular design. You'll love how flat it shoots and the grip angle for me is spot on.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

User

Apx is a really cool gun and they have some nifty features, but they're ugly. That's often enough to put guys off of them

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Apx is a really cool gun and they have some nifty features, but they're ugly. That's often enough to put guys off of them
    You must hate Glocks then Though the Gen 5's are a little more pretty than past editions.

Quote Originally Posted by beretta9mm View Post

I have an APX Full Size and a PX4 compact. As you can probably tell from my handle I'm a bit of a fanboy of "Italian brands that starts with a B and ends with a vowel".

The reason why Glock and CZ are far more popular in SA than other makes is partly due to the local support. You can walk into any gun shop in SA and pick up most Glock factory parts/ magazines/ aftermarket accessories without placing an order. CZ is a very close second when it comes to local support. What you don't find in a store, you'll definitely find on Jizni.

Smith & Wesson and Sig Sauer have upped their game in recent years from what I've heard and seen.

Beretta is distributed by Normark Africa. Have nothing against them but trying to find affordable (below R2000) tritium sights for my two handguns was a mission. I ended up buying both of them from the US. Magazines and recoil springs are sometimes available, but you'll almost certainly struggle to find most factory parts and aftermarket performance parts (eg. competition triggers/ striker springs/ low profile decock levers for the PX4). Other than that Beretta products have stood the test of time and are battle-proven. It is the oldest gunmaker in the world afterall.

Let's hope local support will improve as their newer models gain more popularity. The APX is a fantastic gun with a really interesting modular design. You'll love how flat it shoots and the grip angle for me is spot on.

Thanks! That clears it up a bit. So its basically an aftermarket support thing which does make sense.

Can't wait to go test her out though, all the reviews point toward it being a great firearm

Quote Originally Posted by beretta9mm View Post

Modular design is pretty cool, means you can buy a different colour frame if you grow tired and just change it out at home!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Different strokes for different folk I suppose. I personally quite like the aggressive slide serrations. They are quite practical as you can grip it anywhere to cock the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    You must hate Glocks then Though the Gen 5's are a little more pretty than past editions.
    Glocks arent very pretty, the Glock 17 Gen 5 I did my practical with really didnt scream out to me either

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast