Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: No Beretta Love?

Quote Originally Posted by beretta9mm View Post
    Appearance is subjective. I actually love the aggressive look ;)

Same here, very nice

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

User

How can you like that, but not the GLOCK?

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    Haha was thinking the same, looks better in black.

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    Striker-fired pistols all have more or less the same mechanism and design. Personally I don't mind the Glock at all. But the APX's grip just feels right for my small-ish hands and I prefer the Beretta's trigger.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

User

Beretta in South Africa is a neglected brand and hopefully the new distributor will do the brand justice.

Beretta manufactures awesome firearms. I do not know much about their hunting and sporting clays shotguns but I personally have experience with their 1301 shotgun and 92 and PX4 pistols.

The Beretta 92 is still a very current and reliable fighting gun and there are models which are very competitive in the sport shooting world.

The PX4 is a very durable and reliable handgun (both the PX4 and PX4C are proven to 50k rounds and they were still operational).

I have no doubt that the APX is a very durable and dependable handgun.

User

Quote Originally Posted by beretta9mm View Post
    First of all congrats on the new purchase!

I have an APX Full Size and a PX4 compact. As you can probably tell from my handle I'm a bit of a fanboy of "Italian brands that starts with a B and ends with a vowel".

The reason why Glock and CZ are far more popular in SA than other makes is partly due to the local support. You can walk into any gun shop in SA and pick up most Glock factory parts/ magazines/ aftermarket accessories without placing an order. CZ is a very close second when it comes to local support. What you don't find in a store, you'll definitely find on Jizni.

Smith & Wesson and Sig Sauer have upped their game in recent years from what I've heard and seen.

Beretta is distributed by Normark Africa. Have nothing against them but trying to find affordable (below R2000) tritium sights for my two handguns was a mission. I ended up buying both of them from the US. Magazines and recoil springs are sometimes available, but you'll almost certainly struggle to find most factory parts and aftermarket performance parts (eg. competition triggers/ striker springs/ low profile decock levers for the PX4). Other than that Beretta products have stood the test of time and are battle-proven. It is the oldest gunmaker in the world afterall.

Let's hope local support will improve as their newer models gain more popularity. The APX is a fantastic gun with a really interesting modular design. You'll love how flat it shoots and the grip angle for me is spot on.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Well stated. There are many good pistols available. There is no point in buying a pistol which becomes a paper weight in a few years (We wont mention Taurus pistols) The cost and availability of spares and after market parts are very important.

Just as important is a pistols track record and reliability. Glock is used by 65% of law enforcement agencies ibn the USA.
    It has possibly seen more action that any pistol since WW2. (Possibly all time). If wasn't reliable it would have been replaced by US designed pistols.

By the way I saw a stunning Beretta M9A3 recently.

User

I love my APX. I have a CZ P07 I'm using for competition, as I'm still getting used to the Beretta sights and and still do better with a single action trigger, but if you take the hammer in to account, the size profile for both are the same. The APX also has less sharp edges.

User

Handgun pricing is generally in line with what the market can or will pay for certain firearms. From what I've seen, Glock pricing is generally the median with CZ's P07 and others being slightly under that mark while the CZ P10 is about on that line as well.

S&W M&P and SIG's P320 ranges are slightly above with more niche guns coming in at much higher price points.

I've paid school fees by selecting an EDC firearm from a manufacturer who kept changing local agents and ended up having to outlay quite a bit of cash to import and/or horde spares and accessories for my handgun as very little was available locally.

There aren't any out-and-out bad firearms these days and most are going to do the job just fine. For us in SA, however, the issue is that when something breaks (as anything man-made is want to do) and you cannot walk into a store and pick up spares then you're going to start shitting bricks especially if it's your only EDC option.

User

I purchased a Beretta 92 Compact last year for SD, one of the main considerations being that it has the same manual of arms as my full size s16 Beretta 92 which I am well familiar with.

I can already see with the new Beretta distributor on-board that new Beretta's are now much easier to obtain, genuine Beretta magazines are stocked at certain gun shops, and some spares are now available.

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    You must hate Glocks then Though the Gen 5's are a little more pretty than past editions.
    Reliability is beautiful, especially when proven to the degree that Glock has. They say the only interesting rifle is an accurate one. I'd venture to say the only interesting EDC is a reliable one (and proven to be so)

Sent from my Redmi 7 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast