Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Changing firearm license section on reapplication

Well I reckon I can beat you all!

My DFO (& Provincial office & CFR in general) claimed a couple of years back that their multi million rand computer system does not allow for the option to change sections. Apparently, because of the way their system works the only way to achieve a change of section is for the gun to come off your name, for example by being booked into dealer stock, whereafter you can apply for a licence under the new section exactly as for a new firearm via the SAPS271 route. No need to comment any further on this claim because we all know it is cr*p.

So anyway, in 2019 I applied for a renewal of an existing section 17 licence with all correct section 17 supporting documentation and the licence came back as...................... Section 13!

So therefore we can conclude that it is only possible when they make a mistake. Wonders will never cease!

User

Default Re: Changing firearm license section on reapplication

I changed a sec 13 to sec 15 back in 2017 without any fuss at all, the dfo in Vanderbijlpark (and our business) is the only reason I stay in this shit hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2