Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    While this idea has merit, it does not apply to the covid vaccine, because by the vaccine producers own statements "We do not know if the vaccine can prevent transmission of CV19".
    Because they didn't directly test it. Because that's a difficult test to do ethically when subjects could die after they get it.

User

Default Re: If You Get Covid-19: Optimise Immune System

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    Because they didn't directly test it. Because that's a difficult test to do ethically when subjects could die after they get it.

Maybe then they should wait to see if their vaccine works before discussing mandatory vaccinations and this vaccination passport nonsense.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    Maybe then they should wait to see if their vaccine works before discussing mandatory vaccinations and this vaccination passport nonsense.
    The vaccine 'works' in that it drastically reduces your chance of getting Covid-19. It *should* decease average infectability for those who do still get infected due to lowering an infected persons viral load and shortening their window of infection. The sooner and better you fight off the virus spread to you, the less chance you will get Covid-19 or spread it. A high enough viral load, even on long existing vaccines, can result in infection because your primed immune system can only do so much and you might then be infective. Vaccines don't stop a virus entering your body, they give you a head start fighting it off hopefully before it becomes very infective or harmful by replicating in your cells. In this case, before an infection progresses to the point where you have the disease Covid-19

But being good scientists, they did not make a statement about transmission without good data about transmission. There are ethical issues vs data quality issues with investigating transmission in a trial. The ChAdOx1 vaccine, which was tested here in SA as well, had some results about transmission (https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...61-1/fulltext)

They don't know if its a silver bullet with regards to transmission, but if the efficacy is good then your chance of getting sick enough to need to be hospitalized goes way down. Its the best current option

https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...-idUSKBN287279

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...661-1/fulltext

User

I see myself at the tail end of a very long queue when this country eventually gets it's act together and does begin vaccinating.

The lancet article is a long read but informative. Thanks for posting it SLR. But still so many uncertainties out there. Myself, no way will I take a Chinese vaccine or the Moderna one.

User

Based on the data published so far, the observations from the US, UK, Israel and the UAE, and talking to some people who were in the Pfizer trial, I'd get it tomorrow if I could. And more importantly I'd get both my parents to get it. They are much more at risk than me.

I see on facebook that Larry Thomas who used to post here frequently before his emigration got a Moderna shot in the US

Quote Originally Posted by Sean KZN View Post
    I see myself at the tail end of a very long queue when this country eventually gets it's act together and does begin vaccinating.

The lancet article is a long read but informative. Thanks for posting it SLR. But still so many uncertainties out there. Myself, no way will I take a Chinese vaccine or the Moderna one.
    I donated mine back to the ANC. They were very rude about it. Ungrateful swines.

User

Yes we all bat on different pitches, mine has a fragile 80 year old on it. Wouldn't say she was a day over 100. But logistically the way I see this potential roll out going, I'm way down on the priority list. But I've got my sheep muti to tide me over.

I donated mine back to the ANC. They were very rude about it. Ungrateful swines.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean KZN View Post
    Yes we all bat on different pitches, mine has a fragile 80 year old on it. Wouldn't say she was a day over 100. But logistically the way I see this potential roll out going, I'm way down on the priority list. But I've got my sheep muti to tide me over.

Ditto. Im due for my booster shot at the end of the month. Apparently it is even better if you
    take it with a dop and fatty food / olive oil. Stored in the fat cells in your liver and slowly released after 72 hours

Ivermectin has been approved for use in SA as far as I know.

Couple new drugs that could be used.

Scientists identify potentially new Covid-19 ’wonder drug’

Aplidin to the rescue? Possible new COVID treatment ‘reduces viral load by 99%’

Then the other is Colchicine, you can literally get this from Clicks or Dischem, it's usually used for gout, but there is some doubt on it's effectiveness.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Ivermectin has been approved for use in SA as far as I know.
    In a way that we the tax payer mostly cant use it.

It must be prescribed by a doctor, that doctor must apply for it for that patient, only products meant for human consumption may be used, meaning those must be imported.
    So basically the average person will be using it illegally, which I suspect thousands are doing.

The anc haven't figured out yet whom they can screw over with the vaccines, that is why we cannot buy them personally, they first want to see if they cannot tax the SA populace way beyond what is needed for the vaccines, once that is done they wont give a hoot what products people use.

anc motto = steal first, citizen well being last

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast