Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Every day for this entire year I will post old school printed gun ads each day.

Quote Originally Posted by Miami_JBT View Post
    Since today is January 5th. There will be five posted today to make up for lost time.

I love old H&K ads.

In a world of compromise some people load ammo backwards in mags...
    And some SWAT cops smear dog shit on their faces before kicking down a door. Hell who needs aftershave anyway?

Please keep 'em coming.

User

Default Re: Every day for this entire year I will post old school printed gun ads each day.

Subscribed, thanks for a great thread, Miami_JBT!

User

Nice thread

FL State GOA Director - Join GOA
    New Wave Firearms

User
    In the middle of two mountains, between two oceans.

daayumm that 4 incher,thanks Miami, im gona go fish out all my old magazines now

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Excellent thread. To be followed by myself.

It is interesting to note that when the wording are studied that the world has been a much simpler place than currently. Just imagine for instance Norinco publishing an add in these days where on the advert they have something to say about Colt? Or HK having a word for CZ (like they had for Uzi.)

I have a stack of old Man/Magnum magazines in a box somewhere. This might get me go searching for it and paging through them again.

New Wave Firearms

User

Quote Originally Posted by Miami_JBT View Post
    Could somebody please explain what the mean with: "for personal use in the officer's duties"?

Quote Originally Posted by SamL View Post

daayumm that 4 incher,thanks Miami, im gona go fish out all my old magazines now
    Shots fired! I wonder if Ruger had a comeback ad? Comparative advertising can get entertaining...

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Could somebody please explain what the mean with: "for personal use in the officer's duties"?
    In 1989, President George HW Bush instituted an import ban on "assault weapons". These AUGs were imported but didn't clear US Customs before the ban was enacted. As such, they could only be sold to law enforcement. Under the ban, a individual law enforcement officer could privately purchase a banned rifle if they had official agency letterhead stating that the rifle being privately purchased was authorized for work use.
    New Wave Firearms

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast