Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Is 2021 going to the year Glock does it?

I would go CZ 10 over the Glock. But at the end I guess its a personal choice.

User

Quote Originally Posted by golof View Post
    That's a cool website.

Welcome back to Glock, hate to say it, but I told you so...
    Now now, settle, there is no need for this;).

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Huh, what Glock franchise are you on about?

@OP: as per your opening sentence, I'm obviously biased. But just rethink your situation a bit: you're already quite invested. Changing "platforms" (to use an overused silly word) is just going to cost you money, not save you any.

Some questions:
    1. I gather you already have the mags you need. What other spares are you struggling to find? Have you replaced the stock sites? What parts are you concerned may break, leaving you EDC-less?

2. How often do you shoot your 9c? Is it just EDC or do you use it for recreational shooting too?

I'm trying to gauge if your feel like changing because of a need, or a want. Sometimes a perceived need is just a want (like buying a new car that uses less fuel than your paid-off one, under the impression you'll save money... )
    Oh its definitely a want, not a need. That being said my "back up" gun, if anything ever went wrong with the EDC is a 7.65mm Star DKI so there is clearly room for improvement in that area.

A smaller gun also attracts me for more formal wear occasions like church. When i "try on" the missus' G42 i get instant envy issues, the Sig P365 is that same size but carries a more powerful round and another 4 rounds.

I dont shoot nearly as often as I should but we know a new gun makes you shoot more often...right?

This unicorn I long for will be an addition to the current guns owned, i would not get rid of the M+P for at least a year until im super convinced i need to.

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    I did enjoy your post :)

I however do agree with Pirate that this might be more of a want to change to glock with all of the options of spares and holsters. I have been though the same before where I get fixated on spares that I want but don’t necessarily need. I think my edc guns are pretty well setup and while we can always improve I don’t need anything that I haven’t got already. It seems you are pretty well setup currently and this might be a want?

If I was you I would be looking at another platform or different gun not related to EDC :)
    This serves no real purpose to me. I am not keen on owning a handgun that I cannot easily conceal. It is meant to also fulfill a role of 2 is 1, 1 is none.

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    I would go CZ 10 over the Glock. But at the end I guess its a personal choice.
    The CZ pistol feel amazing in the hand, but i think you miss the point of size comparisons and smarties in the box.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Trayton View Post
    Now now, settle, there is no need for this;).

Oh its definitely a want, not a need. That being said my "back up" gun, if anything ever went wrong with the EDC is a 7.65mm Star DKI so there is clearly room for improvement in that area.

A smaller gun also attracts me for more formal wear occasions like church. When i "try on" the missus' G42 i get instant envy issues, the Sig P365 is that same size but carries a more powerful round and another 4 rounds.

I dont shoot nearly as often as I should but we know a new gun makes you shoot more often...right?

This unicorn I long for will be an addition to the current guns owned, i would not get rid of the M+P for at least a year until im super convinced i need to.

This serves no real purpose to me. I am not keen on owning a handgun that I cannot easily conceal. It is meant to also fulfill a role of 2 is 1, 1 is none.

The CZ pistol feel amazing in the hand, but i think you miss the point of size comparisons and smarties in the box.
    I have been there, and at the time the answer was obvious, so I bought a Shield. It's a safe queen for 99% of the time, but when I do carry it, I'm always SO glad I bought it.

If I had to make the same choice today (second, highly concealable handgun that can be a viable EDC backup) I'd buy a G43 in a heartbeat. I'd trade the extra "smallness" (compared to the Shield) for the 1rd penalty any time. Seeing that your wife already has a G42, you could even consider that... don't be blinded by the capacity, if you can easily carry 17rd M&P mags, you won't even notice two extra 6rd mags.

There's just no downsides to the G43/2 in your situation: not that expensive to start off with (way less than a new Shield), Glock support structure, Glock reliability. Just do it!

Although not common I hear the odd question mark around the G43 in terms of reliability. One of which centered around it having to be modified to pass the FBI 6000 round endurance test. What worries me is that the 48 also uses the same short recoil spring despite a longer slide. This is clearly a shortcut and history tells us that at a certain point shorter slides and the concomitant shorter recoil springs end up on the edge of reliability. Perhaps never an issue with a new gun and ammo it likes. But add a bit of wear, dirt, environmental factors, +p ammo etc.

User

So, your Smiff works. Why fix it?

User

the Smith and Wesson M+P9c. 12+1 rounds in lovely little package that accepts 17 round mags as backup. Carry 2 spare mags and you get a total of 47rounds carried very easily.
    IMHO if you carry gun and step into hard situation, 3 rounds is enough. If it's not enough, any amount of ammunition will be useless. Mostly you need to shot one idiot to stop 5 others and make 'em run. But if you organized a small street battle, sorry - you won't survive even 10 shots. Again, just my opinion. If you need defence - 5-rounds revolver is all you need. (S&W offers best ones)

So...is 2021 going to be the year Glock does it?
    Nah... like BMW on the road - you see too much of 'em, but barely you'll buy this iron cr***p. Better invest in Lexus, Toyota, Honda or even Merc. If gun exists, parts also exist! And frankly speaking, how many parts you need?? Skip bells and wristles and all you need is... strong hand and sharp sight! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
    3 rounds is enough. If it's not enough, any amount of ammunition will be useless.

Mostly you need to shot one idiot to stop 5 others and make 'em run.

If you need defence - 5-rounds revolver is all you need. (S&W offers best ones)

If gun exists, parts also exist! And frankly speaking, how many parts you need??
    Ai ai ai. You still have a long way to go young padawan.
    Read more and post less.
    Never take gun advice from a country that lost a war to emus, or whose national animal is a flightless defenseless bird.

User

IMHO if you carry gun and step into hard situation, 3 rounds is enough. If it's not enough, any amount of ammunition will be useless. Mostly you need to shot one idiot to stop 5 others and make 'em run. But if you organized a small street battle, sorry - you won't survive even 10 shots. Again, just my opinion. If you need defence - 5-rounds revolver is all you need. (S&W offers best ones)

Nah... like BMW on the road - you see too much of 'em, but barely you'll buy this iron cr***p. Better invest in Lexus, Toyota, Honda or even Merc. If gun exists, parts also exist! And frankly speaking, how many parts you need?? Skip bells and wristles and all you need is... strong hand and sharp sight! :)
    You should have posted a ‘get popcorn’ warning first...

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Really
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User
    In the middle of two mountains, between two oceans.

Damn, and here i thought carrying the M&P compact with 15+1 and another 17 portside for the last 10yrs will cover me pretty darn good, now you tell me 3 is all it takes! This is a revelation, what say the gun guru's now,HUH?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast