Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Is 2021 going to the year Glock does it?

When you carry Pirate's "Goldie Locks" gun, its very difficult to justify changing your EDC gun to anything that isn't sublime at replacing it.

The "Goldie Locks" gun, in case you didn't know, is the Smith and Wesson M+P9c. 12+1 rounds in lovely little package that accepts 17 round mags as backup. Carry 2 spare mags and you get a total of 47rounds carried very easily.

Having been frustrated by the amount of used parts floating around, readily available for Glocks and not for S&W, I figured its time to switch back to Glock after making the change 6 years ago.

Don't get me wrong, I've really enjoyed my M+P9c. But I have drop over a grand on 1 mag, you hardly see a holster going on GS and don't even bother trying to find Night sights for it.

The comparison to these items for Glocks is night and day...and it annoys me.

I havent even ventured onto the point of spares availability.

All in all, aftermarket products are cheaper, spares are cheaper and mags are cheaper...at this rate I think ammo might even be cheaper if you own a Glock!

But Glock can't currently compete with the S&W on capacity...and I've spent the money on kitting it out already anyway(I'm reminded of the R3600.00 it cost me for 3 mags when R400 got you a Glock mag). So I would need something substantial to draw(punny) me away from my current stable.

So when will Glock drop us a Micro compact high capacity 9mmP?

Things got exciting with the SigP365, and then 2020 with the Springfield Armoury Hellcat (at least thats when I discovered it).

But these 2 great guns don't carry the spares and after market goodies that Glock carries in South Africa.

We also know that the much uglier Glocks are imported by a very reliable, reputable name in the gun industry. So if you're going to go through the hassle of a change why wouldn't you wait for Glock to come to the party?

Enter my dissappontment at the news that the 2021 Shot Show would be canceled! I was certain, perhaps foolishly so, that 2021 would be the year...and that Shot Show would be the place, that we would hear about the infallible fallacy, that the unicorn would arrive, not dawned in white amongst the clouds, but rather in black(please no silver slide!) and in a matching black case.

And yet, 6 days in and there is no news of my unicorn...forced to be content with my current "this one is just right" EDC gun instead of having Perfection(see what I did there?).

Is my desire to be back in the Glock stable a little weird and obsessive? Yes maybe...but the desire is still there. The allure of the HS(our version of Springfield) and Sig have been great, but I hold out till the day it becomes a no brainer...I hold out, longingly, for my Glock micro compact high capacity 9mmP.

So...is 2021 going to be the year Glock does it?

User

Default Re: Is 2021 going to the year Glock does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Trayton View Post
    When you carry Pirate's "Goldie Locks" gun, its very difficult to justify changing your EDC gun to anything that isn't sublime at replacing it.

The "Goldie Locks" gun, in case you didn't know, is the Smith and Wesson M+P9c. 12+1 rounds in lovely little package that accepts 17 round mags as backup. Carry 2 spare mags and you get a total of 47rounds carried very easily.

So when will Glock drop us a Micro compact high capacity 9mmP?
    So... A Glock 26 carried with a 12rd mag and two 17 round mags ?

My "Goldie Locks" gun would be a Glock 26 Gen 5 MOS with that micro rail for the Surefire XSC. That would be a really nice setup, the G43X/48 just has a grip that's too similar to the 19.

User

Not quite sure if the OP is a GLOCK ad or a S&W ad. Could go either way I guess.

User

No intetest in a CZ P 10 S? Ticks a few of you boxes wrt mag capacity. Add a +2 shoe for 14 rds in a mag or you should be able to use the P 10 C or even F mags?

User

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...3-6-subcompactIt's been a while since a posted a link from my phone so I hope it works.For all those future suggestions of alternatives...please play on this website , find your suggestion and compare.If you think you still have a winner, let me know on this thread 😉.

User

That's a cool website.

Welcome back to Glock, hate to say it, but I told you so...

User

I opened this thread expecting to see pictures of the much rumoured Glock AR15 but all I got was holy-wall-of-text...

;-)

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    I opened this thread expecting to see pictures of the much rumoured Glock AR15 but all I got was holy-wall-of-text...

;-)
    2021 and people still trying to push the Glock franchise down other peoples throats, meh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by _Genocide_ View Post
    2021 and people still trying to push the Glock franchise down other peoples throats, meh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Huh, what Glock franchise are you on about?

@OP: as per your opening sentence, I'm obviously biased. But just rethink your situation a bit: you're already quite invested. Changing "platforms" (to use an overused silly word) is just going to cost you money, not save you any.

Some questions:
    1. I gather you already have the mags you need. What other spares are you struggling to find? Have you replaced the stock sites? What parts are you concerned may break, leaving you EDC-less?

2. How often do you shoot your 9c? Is it just EDC or do you use it for recreational shooting too?

I'm trying to gauge if your feel like changing because of a need, or a want. Sometimes a perceived need is just a want (like buying a new car that uses less fuel than your paid-off one, under the impression you'll save money... )

User

I did enjoy your post :)

I however do agree with Pirate that this might be more of a want to change to glock with all of the options of spares and holsters. I have been though the same before where I get fixated on spares that I want but don’t necessarily need. I think my edc guns are pretty well setup and while we can always improve I don’t need anything that I haven’t got already. It seems you are pretty well setup currently and this might be a want?

If I was you I would be looking at another platform or different gun not related to EDC :)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast