Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Is 2021 going to the year Glock does it?

The right amount of rounds equals the amount needed to stop a threat(s). I would have a hard time believing that anyone would complain about having too many rounds in their pistol if they had to ever use it. I have however heard of and experienced complaining about having a pistol that is too big to ‘comfortably carry’ and I can level with that. The Glock 43 is of similar form factor to the P365 and HS11 albeit with a single stack magazine, this I believe is due to their magazine design having maybe not enough room for a ‘stack & a half’ that these new pistols (365 and HS11) come out with. Remembering that most of not all Glock magazines have a steel inner frame and a polymer outer sleeve which takes up space, space that is used to a great degree to allow for higher capacity in these other pistols, I’m no magazine expert and may be wrong in this regard. One may however, purchase other mags for the Glock 43 and you will notice that these are all steel in construction. Are they reliable? Not sure.

back to the OP - I am not sure that Glock will make a gun to compete head to head with the P365 or the HS11 because I believe they already have one that is currently being made for mass production, they just need to come out with a suitable magazine that they call their own to match the capacity of their competitors.

Speaking for myself - if they do for what ever reason somehow come out with a pistol chambered in 9mmP and supply the magazines to allow it to load 12+ rounds with the same or similar form factor as the 365 or HS11, I would seriously consider purchasing.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
    IMHO if you carry gun and step into hard situation, 3 rounds is enough. If it's not enough, any amount of ammunition will be useless. Mostly you need to shot one idiot to stop 5 others and make 'em run. But if you organized a small street battle, sorry - you won't survive even 10 shots. Again, just my opinion. If you need defence - 5-rounds revolver is all you need. (S&W offers best ones)

Nah... like BMW on the road - you see too much of 'em, but barely you'll buy this iron cr***p. Better invest in Lexus, Toyota, Honda or even Merc. If gun exists, parts also exist! And frankly speaking, how many parts you need?? Skip bells and wristles and all you need is... strong hand and sharp sight! :)
    So a .38 snubnose rollie is good to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post
    So a .38 snubnose rollie is good to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Or a pump action shotgun.
    No ammo needed, just rack the slide, the sound will make them run.

454 Casull is all you gonna need, if you run out of Ammo you can hide in the cylinder.

User

IMHO if you carry gun and step into hard situation, 3 rounds is enough. If it's not enough, any amount of ammunition will be useless. Mostly you need to shot one idiot to stop 5 others and make 'em run. But if you organized a small street battle, sorry - you won't survive even 10 shots. Again, just my opinion. If you need defence - 5-rounds revolver is all you need. (S&W offers best ones)

Nah... like BMW on the road - you see too much of 'em, but barely you'll buy this iron cr***p. Better invest in Lexus, Toyota, Honda or even Merc. If gun exists, parts also exist! And frankly speaking, how many parts you need?? Skip bells and wristles and all you need is... strong hand and sharp sight! :)
    Do yourself a favour and read this thread/testimony from one of the members on this forum:

https://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/sho...?43504-HELD-UP

You're welcome!

User

Praise the heavens!!! I can finally download all my pistol magazines to just 2 rounds!

And yet there is puzzlement when experience people cease being active.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

whoever you are getting your advice about self defense from sounds like an idiot.....

NO, you dont only need 3 rounds.

The other 5 perps could decide to murder you and rape your dog after you wasted your snappy 5 rounds of .38 special with no means of reloading.

Welcome to gunsite, be prepared to learn.

User

Glock did it in 1996 with the introduction of the 26 and 27.
    People are still playing catch up.

Maybe take some time and Youtube Police Activity channel and watch some of the real life shooting by police. It will change your mind on 3 rounds. Alot of the BG's take way more then that from being hit before they go down. And alot of times more then 1 officer empties his mag completely.

In real life the BG is moving and has adrenaline pumping and probably some drug. Its not even so easy to hit a moving target. Your suggested 3 shots might not even hit him while he is moving towards you or you still dazed from attack

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast