Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Re: Is 2021 going to the year Glock does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
    IMHO if you carry gun and step into hard situation, 3 rounds is enough. If it's not enough, any amount of ammunition will be useless. Mostly you need to shot one idiot to stop 5 others and make 'em run. But if you organized a small street battle, sorry - you won't survive even 10 shots. Again, just my opinion. If you need defence - 5-rounds revolver is all you need. (S&W offers best ones)

Nah... like BMW on the road - you see too much of 'em, but barely you'll buy this iron cr***p. Better invest in Lexus, Toyota, Honda or even Merc. If gun exists, parts also exist! And frankly speaking, how many parts you need?? Skip bells and wristles and all you need is... strong hand and sharp sight! :)

See Leon Schuster made a movie for you.

Attachment 32616

User

IMHO if you carry gun and step into hard situation, 3 rounds is enough. If it's not enough, any amount of ammunition will be useless. Mostly you need to shot one idiot to stop 5 others and make 'em run. But if you organized a small street battle, sorry - you won't survive even 10 shots. Again, just my opinion. If you need defence - 5-rounds revolver is all you need. (S&W offers best ones)

Nah... like BMW on the road - you see too much of 'em, but barely you'll buy this iron cr***p. Better invest in Lexus, Toyota, Honda or even Merc. If gun exists, parts also exist! And frankly speaking, how many parts you need?? Skip bells and wristles and all you need is... strong hand and sharp sight! :)

We all had big hopes for you after reading your intro.

Now you burst that bubble convincingly...

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by Trayton View Post
    So...is 2021 going to be the year Glock does it?

:)
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Maybe take some time and Youtube Police Activity channel and watch some of the real life shooting by police. It will change your mind on 3 rounds. Alot of the BG's take way more then that from being hit before they go down. And alot of times more then 1 officer empties his mag completely.

In real life the BG is moving and has adrenaline pumping and probably some drug. Its not even so easy to hit a moving target. Your suggested 3 shots might not even hit him while he is moving towards you or you still dazed from attack
    Shooty, it is only when you carry a CZ that you need more than 3 rounds. From a Glock the bullets will hit true on the central nervous system everytime. You see, just change over the G side and all is sorted. Glock only make higher than 3 capacity mags for plinking and sport shooting. I have heard that on the Gen 6 offering to come out some time there will be EDC mags with a 3 round capacity. All the empty space then in the mag is to be used for a special compartment for a super advanced bleeding trauma kit and panic button with a tracking device that also monitors your stress levels and send out a distress signal and beacon when something goes wrong and you are attacked by more than 3 attackers. (You do realize I am pulling a leg and eating popcorn at the moment...)

Serious now: I have said it numerous times and repeat, but 90 % of the "wishes" from shooters the world over with regards to size and capacity of handguns, compatibility with higher round count mags and availability of such was already made years ago in the Glock 26.

I don't have one, I carry and shoot Glock 19. Their size are not an issue for my circumstances and I am used to it. If I ever change to something smaller, a Glock 26 it would be.

Interesting video posted with regards to a "Gen 6". If things continue on the path as suggested by the youtuber we should have only 1 perfect handgun for all to use in a few years time. 1 brand with all the pros of all the brands in one. For EDC, effective, simple to operate and really reliable stay on the top of my list. That is why I will keep on carrying my Glock 19. If pulling trigger, it will go bang. Nothing more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    Shooty, it is only when you carry a CZ that you need more than 3 rounds. From a Glock the bullets will hit true on the central nervous system everytime. You see, just change over the G side and all is sorted. Glock only make higher than 3 capacity mags for plinking and sport shooting. I have heard that on the Gen 6 offering to come out some time there will be EDC mags with a 3 round capacity. All the empty space then in the mag is to be used for a special compartment for a super advanced bleeding trauma kit and panic button with a tracking device that also monitors your stress levels and send out a distress signal and beacon when something goes wrong and you are attacked by more than 3 attackers. (You do realize I am pulling a leg and eating popcorn at the moment...)

Serious now: I have said it numerous times and repeat, but 90 % of the "wishes" from shooters the world over with regards to size and capacity of handguns, compatibility with higher round count mags and availability of such was already made years ago in the Glock 26.

I don't have one, I carry and shoot Glock 19. Their size are not an issue for my circumstances and I am used to it. If I ever change to something smaller, a Glock 26 it would be.

Interesting video posted with regards to a "Gen 6". If things continue on the path as suggested by the youtuber we should have only 1 perfect handgun for all to use in a few years time. 1 brand with all the pros of all the brands in one. For EDC, effective, simple to operate and really reliable stay on the top of my list. That is why I will keep on carrying my Glock 19. If pulling trigger, it will go bang. Nothing more to it.
    Hahahaha you crazy bastard.

Not everyone is a perfect shot, in fact no one is a perfect shot, take that into account and that he is moving, you could be moving, adrenaline, fear, etc, etc. and you could miss completely or have bad placement with the first three rounds. Three rounds is way too little unless you are John McClane, everyone else should carry as much as they can, and even a spare mag. You never know what life will throw at you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Hahahaha you crazy bastard.

Not everyone is a perfect shot, in fact no one is a perfect shot, take that into account and that he is moving, you could be moving, adrenaline, fear, etc, etc. and you could miss completely or have bad placement with the first three rounds. Three rounds is way too little unless you are John McClane, everyone else should carry as much as they can, and even a spare mag. You never know what life will throw at you.
    No man. What about my rollie? I am sure 5 will be enough. Thats like 2 extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post
    No man. What about my rollie? I am sure 5 will be enough. Thats like 2 extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah if your first name is Jerry and your second name is Miculek then you could be ok, otherwise more is better!

User

... if you carry gun and step into hard situation, 3 rounds is enough. If it's not enough, any amount of ammunition will be useless. .... If you need defence - 5-rounds revolver is all you need.... (S&W offers best ones)
    Sorry guys, I have to agree to this statement. This is what was taught to me and my fellow shooters and our fellow shooters before us at our ranges and what all my sources claimed and stated, 3 shots in 3 second at 3 meters and the gun fight is over. S&W offers best ones, I present to you the magnificent .357 and the ultimate .44 Magnum "The world most power full handgun" as Hollywood proof this in many Action and Western movies. Period.

Wait, wait.... I just remember, we are living now in the year 2020/21 and not the 1970's and early 80's. Forty to fifty years ago this statement maybe carried a lot of water. Today FA's has changed for the better. The Criminals portfolio and his MO has changed. The criminal is better armed than the Police services and carry more ammo than the first line ammo issue of an Infantry soldier and about six or more in the criminal squad. Your life is worth 2 cents for the criminal. Today's criminal has proof in many gun shootouts, put as much lead as possible in the direction of Law enforcement until they stop shooting or the criminal can escape. Three rounds wont do it for the average man, unless you can put down 3 criminals with 3 shots in 3 seconds with you .44 at distances of 30 meters. Maybe the OP must invest in some modern Literature, Information and Training.

User

If you have a family that you love and care for, i recommend that you take your revolver on a training course to Adrian Rosslee. No Ninja-SpecOps stuff. Just a CQC or Fighting in and around vehicles course. Go with an open mind and learn something about the BG’s that frequent places like Jo’burg.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    If you have a family that you love and care for, i recommend that you take your revolver on a training course to Adrian Rosslee. No Ninja-SpecOps stuff. Just a CQC or Fighting in and around vehicles course. Go with an open mind and learn something about the BG’s that frequent places like Jo’burg.
    Know-it-alls don't go for training...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4