Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    User

Default Re: If ! - If you had a action, what would you build.

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    If a cartridge in that class seems appealing, I would rather opt for a .375 wildcat based on a common case such as 308, 30-06 or even 7x57.
    The last one was a factory cartridge (9.5x57 MS) which might make sourcing dies easier. The .375-06/.375 Whelen is so close to the 9.3x62 that I don't really see the reason for it now that 9.3mm bullets are widely available. Unless you just want something different, and there is nothing wrong with that either.

User

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    The last one was a factory cartridge (9.5x57 MS) which might make sourcing dies easier. The .375-06/.375 Whelen is so close to the 9.3x62 that I don't really see the reason for it now that 9.3mm bullets are widely available. Unless you just want something different, and there is nothing wrong with that either.
    Agreed.

If Treeman didn't have that 458-2" already, I might have suggested a 45 caliber wildcat. Or, just to be different, a 416" (or 423") wildcat.

There is the possibility of building a 44 Mag rifle on the action. It won't be straight-forward, as feeding will be a challenge. He is invested in the 44 caliber already...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    The 243 AI is a gap I have in the safe.
    .?
    .?
    .7mm-08

In post No. 8 you really answered your own question. 243AI with 1 to 7.5 twist - can shoot heavy bullets (115gr) and the donut problem is solved.

See the quote below from "Down under"

The term "Pope Gun" has now become synonymous with the . 243 Winchester thanks to the many heated and often humorous and lively discussions on AHN concerning this cartridge. ... 243 was canonised and is known as the Pope Gun

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by driepootx View Post
    The term "Pope Gun" has now become synonymous with the . 243 Winchester thanks to the many heated and often humorous and lively discussions on AHN concerning this cartridge. ... 243 was canonised and is known as the Pope Gun
    What do we have to do to a 308 the make a Luther gun of it?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9