Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default A noobs ponderings on Glock 19 G3 vs CZ P10C

I have been carrying a P10C for almost a year. Done about 2000 rounds through it and some training.

In trying to conform to the rule of "two is one and one is none", I kept my eyes peeled for specials on another pistol and bought a Glock 19 Gen 3 last year during the black Friday period. Luckily it was bought at a gunshop that has an indoor range so I get to shoot it in the meantime. (The reasoning behind getting the Glock is to also get a roni)

To me they shoot very much the same with the only clear difference the position and function of the mag release. I am used to the P10C beefy mag release and it's position. The metal mags also slides out easier than the glocks. I could feel the difference in trigger but to be honest it did not matter much to me. Actually shot the glock slightly better!

The aggressive grip of the P10 is a bit pointless to me but probably could come in handy with wet or sweaty hands. I noticed a more secure feeling in pulling the P10 out from a Daniels Holster in doing some exercises. (Both the same Daniels IWB holsters at 4 o clock)

The slight size difference is also a plus point for the 19...

Both ketties sights were fine and thinking back I cannot really remember noticing a difference while shooting and concentrating on the front sight...

I am still going to shoot these two together a couple of times in future to form a better opinion. But to be honest, if someone asked me now to suggest an EDC I would suggest a 19 over a P10 by the skin on my teeth. Both awesome guns! In two minds now about carrying the 19 and putting the P10 in a roni, the major problem would be that there is no "happy stick" for a P10 that I am aware of and the P10 is technically the Sec 13 EDC....

*Disclaimer - I did say it was "a noobs ponderings" and I know there is more to this than one shoot. I will keep the thread updated as and when I compare the two again.

Default Re: A noobs ponderings on Glock 19 G3 vs CZ P10C

The CZ P10. Parts are available. Good back up service.
    As a note. The Gen3 is good. But it was designed many years back. And yes stuff in firearms change but basically stays the same.
    But the P10 was designed and engineered years after the Gen3 and I you can be assured that the design engineers studied all the pros and cons off other makes already out when designing.

On Glocks alot of people will change stuff after purchase. Not needed always. But most use to come with plastic sights. Which usually gets replaced first. Then polishing internals or changing the weight bars on trigger pull.

The CZ has great trigger from start. Steel sights. A CZ match rifled barrel. Its just pick up and go. Nothing needed at all.

FYI the more aggressive the grip. The more recoil control you can get. Both of them have low axis. So recoil less then others. But when you start shooting more and fast. You will learn how to hold grip better and pinch and what else. To help keep pistol more steady and return quicker onto target. Aggressive grips help here.

Any case. Opinions differ HUGELY on firearms. But irrespective if firearms or other device. I would rather buy a newer designed item then an older one. As with time engineers make improvements.

User

Recoil on the glock felt slightly less as well. But a lot of these "feelings" might change over time or become a bit more loose as the Glock was brand new out o the box. Maybe the trigger would feel softer...

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Thanks for your thoughts. As a shooter having both pistols and shot both, your opinions are valid and worth reading. Not "I have read" or "Heard" or "My Friends Grandfather says..."

Just a link for you. As I see you mentioned Roni kit for Glock and not sure on the P10.

https://jizni.co.za/366-carbine-conversion-p-10

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Just a link for you. As I see you mentioned Roni kit for Glock and not sure on the P10.

https://jizni.co.za/366-carbine-conversion-p-10

Well aware of the Roni for P10, but thank you for the link. I am an existing and a repeat customer of Jizni. It is the absence of a happy stick and the technicality of carrying (EDC) a sec 16 instead of my Sec 13 that kinda puts me off doing it that way around. But it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    Well aware of the Roni for P10, but thank you for the link. I am an existing and a repeat customer of Jizni. It is the absence of a happy stick and the technicality of carrying (EDC) a sec 16 instead of my Sec 13 that kinda puts me off doing it that way around. But it is possible.

Just search forum There is no law or reason why a person may not carry and even use a S16 licensed firearm for self defence purposes. That is wrong myth that you may not.

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Just search forum There is no law or reason why a person may not carry and even use a S16 licensed firearm for self defence purposes. That is wrong myth that you may not.

User

Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    I have been carrying a P10C for almost a year. Done about 2000 rounds through it and some training.

In trying to conform to the rule of "two is one and one is none", I kept my eyes peeled for specials on another pistol and bought a Glock 19 Gen 3 last year during the black Friday period. Luckily it was bought at a gunshop that has an indoor range so I get to shoot it in the meantime. (The reasoning behind getting the Glock is to also get a roni)

To me they shoot very much the same with the only clear difference the position and function of the mag release. I am used to the P10C beefy mag release and it's position. The metal mags also slides out easier than the glocks. I could feel the difference in trigger but to be honest it did not matter much to me. Actually shot the glock slightly better!

The aggressive grip of the P10 is a bit pointless to me but probably could come in handy with wet or sweaty hands. I noticed a more secure feeling in pulling the P10 out from a Daniels Holster in doing some exercises. (Both the same Daniels IWB holsters at 4 o clock)

The slight size difference is also a plus point for the 19...

Both ketties sights were fine and thinking back I cannot really remember noticing a difference while shooting and concentrating on the front sight...

I am still going to shoot these two together a couple of times in future to form a better opinion. But to be honest, if someone asked me now to suggest an EDC I would suggest a 19 over a P10 by the skin on my teeth. Both awesome guns! In two minds now about carrying the 19 and putting the P10 in a roni, the major problem would be that there is no "happy stick" for a P10 that I am aware of and the P10 is technically the Sec 13 EDC....

*Disclaimer - I did say it was "a noobs ponderings" and I know there is more to this than one shoot. I will keep the thread updated as and when I compare the two again.
    Don't worry about the section 15/16 vs section 13 aspect, non issue. IMHO set them both up as EDC's and carry as needed.
    I would have zero issue carrying a P10C (My current EDC is a Gen 4 Glock 32 .357Sig) or the Glock. Just practice, practice, practice.

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    No, it really isn't.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast