Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: A noobs ponderings on Glock 19 G3 vs CZ P10C

Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    Recoil on the glock felt slightly less as well. But a lot of these "feelings" might change over time or become a bit more loose as the Glock was brand new out o the box. Maybe the trigger would feel softer...
    Shoot the gun in. The Gen 3 triggers were bloody awesome and you'll be hard pressed to beat it stock. 9x19 has no real recoil, so manage your grip purposefully and properly and zero issues with follow up shots. Get decent sights for it, the slot fillers are shite. Buy mags and shoot the hell out of your Glock. I speak with some wisdom here ;) (from past experience).

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    No, it really isn't.
    "For any lawful purpose". Discussion over.

User

More or less in the same boat New.

Went shooting my P07 recently while waiting on the license and go to put a few rounds through the G19 MOS Gen5. Did my comp with G17 and G19 but just did not feel right. To note this was the first time I've shot a 9mm so after all this time shooting it would make sense that it wouldn't have felt right.

Still afraid of carrying a striker fired so will buy the G19 for sport shooting purposes.

No, it really isn't.
    Yeah just thought it just a little appropriate given the debate in the past.

Quick question, why 5 years for self defense and 10 years for sport then?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Hentie06 View Post
    More or less in the same boat New.

Went shooting my P07 recently while waiting on the license and go to put a few rounds through the G19 MOS Gen5. Did my comp with G17 and G19 but just did not feel right. To note this was the first time I've shot a 9mm so after all this time shooting it would make sense that it wouldn't have felt right.

Still afraid of carrying a striker fired so will buy the G19 for sport shooting purposes.
    We all (newbies) are afraid to one up but it is the right thing to do. (Admittedly easier I think with a striker fired pistol)

One should exercise correct gun safety (treating it as if it is loaded, among other things) from day one of carrying and rip it off like a bandaid and just one up from the get go. (I understand the plight of some friends with concerns over having kids around, but that is a topic for another day)

It wastes precious seconds in an already extreme pressure situation to have to fiddle with first racking the slide.

Had an interesting scenario at office recently. (Luckily did not turn out to be what it seemed to be). We were robbed at gunpoint years back. (This is part of the reason of me carrying today). Since then we have increased our security, layered it and created certain safety protocols at work. To cut a long story short, recently I hear screaming from reception that we are "getting robbed" and someone says "they have a gun". I do not know if they would be storming into my office any second or are still outside. In that second it is "go time". That is when one realize that one up is actually the only option. It turned out to be a false alarm luckily. I will make a separate thread about this.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    Shoot the gun in. The Gen 3 triggers were bloody awesome and you'll be hard pressed to beat it stock. 9x19 has no real recoil, so manage your grip purposefully and properly and zero issues with follow up shots. Get decent sights for it, the slot fillers are shite. Buy mags and shoot the hell out of your Glock. I speak with some wisdom here ;) (from past experience).

I am very impressed with the Gen 3. To me, there is not much difference between the P10 and the Gen 3. I off course do not know much about the actual difference between the Gen 3, 4 and 5's....

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Yeah just thought it just a little appropriate given the debate in the past.

Quick question, why 5 years for self defense and 10 years for sport then?
    Why not 2 years, why not 20? Its arbitrary. The difference in licence validity periods does not diminish the fact that the act does not prohibit the use of a sport gun for self defence. Even if the wording "any lawful purpose" was not present, unless there is a prohibition it is permitted. One of the early drafts had the prohibition and it was deliberately excluded in the act that passed, and for good reason.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Hentie06 View Post
    Still afraid of carrying a striker fired
    Why?
    Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    I understand the plight of some friends with concerns over having kids around
    I have never understood this. How would the kid get access to the gun, regardless of its carry condition?
    Havamal

User

I have never understood this. How would the kid get access to the gun, regardless of its carry condition?
    I cannot argue for them. In my case a good friend (got into a heated discussion with him about carrying one up or not and his challenge that he will be able to get a shot off just as quick as I would even if he first has to rack). The part of my "understanding" is my friends genuine fear of bringing harm to his son. Difficult for me to forcefully advocate against it as his fear is subjective. I eventually have to respect that.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast