Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Default Re: A noobs ponderings on Glock 19 G3 vs CZ P10C

I must also mention how nice Glock is to include the mag loading assist thingy. It is a bit fidgety at first but I used it to load both P10 and G19 mags after getting the hang of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Hentie06 View Post
    More or less in the same boat New.

Went shooting my P07 recently while waiting on the license and go to put a few rounds through the G19 MOS Gen5. Did my comp with G17 and G19 but just did not feel right. To note this was the first time I've shot a 9mm so after all this time shooting it would make sense that it wouldn't have felt right.

Still afraid of carrying a striker fired so will buy the G19 for sport shooting purposes.
    Believe it or not but IMO the most dangerous part of carrying a gun (if you follow good safety procedures) is putting it back into the holster.

If a piece of shirt or cloth gets caught, that is when the trigger can be depressed.

I was also like you and wasn't sure whether to carry one-up or not but as I understood how the gun works and became more familiar with it, there's no way I would carry any other way now. No super quick tacticool reholstering though!!!!! Slow and easy does it with eyes on the holster.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Believe it or not but IMO the most dangerous part of carrying a gun (if you follow good safety procedures) is putting it back into the holster.

If a piece of shirt or cloth gets caught, that is when the trigger can be depressed.

I was also like you and wasn't sure whether to carry one-up or not but as I understood how the gun works and became more familiar with it, there's no way I would carry any other way now. No super quick tacticool reholstering though!!!!! Slow and easy does it with eyes on the holster.
    And enter the need for a really good holster as well. I started off with with a Hybrid holster. More comfortable than one with kydex both sides, but eventually migrated to the latter. I did not trust the holstering into a hybrid holster, one up.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Why?
    "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    I cannot argue for them. In my case a good friend (got into a heated discussion with him about carrying one up or not and his challenge that he will be able to get a shot off just as quick as I would even if he first has to rack). The part of my "understanding" is my friends genuine fear of bringing harm to his son. Difficult for me to forcefully advocate against it as his fear is subjective. I eventually have to respect that.
    Just wondering.... How many Negligent discharges into a "not safe area" are forthcoming from quick racking under stress to get into action vs bringing a gun up from a holster, the whole motion already intended towards the target and firing?

But I can understand the fear when small kids are around. I had the same, but never had fear about it. It is as simple as just doing the right thing that is: A firearm are on the person, with you inside a locked room (bathroom for instance) where you are alone or locked inside a safe.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post

To answer both in one go.

Purely a mind thing. Every salesmen and Friend who had a glock told me about all the safety of a glock but to me I still like the hammer fired.

With the P07 decocked I will carry one up and the first DA pull will be harder but in my mind safer. As New said us newbies still have a long way to go. Getting the G19 as my second FA en becoming more proficient with it down the line that will also be carried 1U. Looking at the time to get the license though I still have some time to practice.

User

Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    I must also mention how nice Glock is to include the mag loading assist thingy. It is a bit fidgety at first but I used it to load both P10 and G19 mags after getting the hang of it...
    Funny story. I used the one supplied with the gun for the first time this past weekend. Actually works pretty well once you figure out how to drive it correctly.

User

This whole discussion can come down to a simple question and a simple answer.

The question:
    Which one is best?

The answer:
    The one you train with and maintain a high level of proficiency.

One will not give you a clear cut advantage over the other, its up to you to train, build skill, attend classes and keep on improving.

User

I have not carried a Sec13 Licensed gun since Mid 2019...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I have not carried a Sec13 Licensed gun since Mid 2019...
    Sorry Ladies and Gents, I only read page 1

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast