Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default .22LR conversion kits for AR's

Hi All,

I recently came across the CMMG Bravo .22 Conversion Kit which is apparently made in the USA by CMMG (the kit is a drop-in part into your AR15 and will allow you to run .22LR ammo through the gun). See link to a You Tube video about the kit and simplicity with which it can be installed into your AR:

Since this video was made by Sootch00 who seems to be a good YouTube gun guy with logical and reasonable views, I would tend to believe what he says by recommending this kit.

This got me to wondering whether any other GS members perhaps have or have used .22LR conversion kits (or the CMMG Bravo one). If so, are there any licensing issues for these in SA (off the top of my head, I would think not since there is no serial no on bolts, but I will wait for other members views).

If you have one, please let me know where you got it and approximately how much it cost (and when you got it). Also from a reliability perspective, how has it worked for sport shooting purposes (like for IPSC mini-gun or for IDPA/SADPA PCC division etc)?

All thoughts and input would be much appreciated.

User

Default Re: .22LR conversion kits for AR's

Ps. I have read this necropost (link: https://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/sho...n-kits-for-ARs), but there was no real info/updates on anybody who owns or has tried them (or on their reliability/unreliability) etc...

User

A friend uses a CCMG unit in his AR. He got it from Spartan Arms. Give them a call to find out about availabity.

User

I know TacShac had, and Camdix has. You need a .22 and .223 license to buy them apparently

User

Thanks for your input, guys.

I am assuming that this conversion kit is not a licensed part but that you need a .22LR licence in order to buy that caliber of ammo. Yes?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    Thanks for your input, guys.

I am assuming that this conversion kit is not a licensed part but that you need a .22LR licence in order to buy that caliber of ammo. Yes?
    You need the .223 license to have the AR, and the .22 license to possess the ammo

User

Most interresting this!

May I ask please from those in the know - how does it work with the standard AR15 trigger? I assume the .22 BCG resets the AR standard trigger?

User

And having done some digging on this - it seems one has to license this .22 BCG?

Anyone who purchased the Bravo kit - is that correct?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sicario View Post
    Most interresting this!

May I ask please from those in the know - how does it work with the standard AR15 trigger? I assume the .22 BCG resets the AR standard trigger?
    Watch the video I posted.

It is a drop in part (BCG only). The AR’s trigger remains in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sicario View Post
    And having done some digging on this - it seems one has to license this .22 BCG?

Anyone who purchased the Bravo kit - is that correct?
    Am still waiting for some additional clarification from others....

That said, one GS member sent me a PM to say that he had been advised to get a gunsmith’s report to say that the .22 BCG can be used in your AR and, with this, one then submits to the CFR a change notification, such that the AR licence then says under the Calibre “5.56 NATO / .223 REM / .22LR”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast