Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: .22LR conversion kits for AR's

So if one has a 22lr rifle and an Ar15, then order this, can I just happily plink along because one can buy 22lr by the kg compared to 223

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    Am still waiting for some additional clarification from others....

That said, one GS member sent me a PM to say that he had been advised to get a gunsmith’s report to say that the .22 BCG can be used in your AR and, with this, one then submits to the CFR a change notification, such that the AR licence then says under the Calibre “5.56 NATO / .223 REM / .22LR”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paul @ TacShac might be able to shed some light on this... I recall they had kits in stock

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    Am still waiting for some additional clarification from others....

That said, one GS member sent me a PM to say that he had been advised to get a gunsmith’s report to say that the .22 BCG can be used in your AR and, with this, one then submits to the CFR a change notification, such that the AR licence then says under the Calibre “5.56 NATO / .223 REM / .22LR”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Does the act not say something along the lines, you are allowed any ammunition for which you have a firearm capable of discharging said ammunition? Not, any ammunition on which the license / permit says which ammunition the firearm is capable of discharging?

I know i'm going to be contradicted on my point, but what I'm saying is why complicate things? I guess it comes down to the person, and how they would like to handle it, as it's all fairly vague.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    Does the act not say something along the lines, you are allowed any ammunition for which you have a firearm capable of discharging said ammunition? Not, any ammunition on which the license / permit says which ammunition the firearm is capable of discharging?

I know i'm going to be contradicted on my point, but what I'm saying is why complicate things? I guess it comes down to the person, and how they would like to handle it, as it's all fairly vague.
    94. (1) For purposes of this section, ‘‘firearm part’’means a slide, bolt or breech-block of a firearm.
    (2) No person may possess any firearm part unless he or she—
    (a) holds a licence in respect of a firearm capable of bearing that firearm part;

User

Prohibition of possession of ammunition
    90. No person may possess any ammunition unless he or she—
    (a) holds a licence in respect of a firearm capable of discharging that ammunition;

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2