Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    User

Default Re: Wild animals in the city

We had a hippo move into the wetlands behind the JMPD Range/SPCA in Florida a few weeks ago. Saw the tracks, heard but not seen by us but the staff described it as "big like an elephant but not so big". Moved on after a week or so. Maybe the same one roaming in Midrand now. We reported it to the SPCA who were disbelieving. Said they needed a specimen of the dung to be certain - for pitys sake.

User

How true was the story that a pet croc was released in a pond somewhere in Centurion? I think people said it was at Boskraal or some such restaurant.

User

Heard the chickens making a noise early this morning, first thought there was a cat in the yard, looked carefully and seen a monkey picking figs of the tree, it ran on the neighbors wall and up the willow tree in the park behind us. This is in the Ormonde area in Jhb South.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    I have it on good authority that cats are still disappearing in Atlantic Beach estate.
    Ok, turns out I was wrong. The cats have stopped disappearing. Caracals were apparently killing them due to territorial disputes.

User

A mule deer at a motel just off the main street of Penticton, British Columbia. Given the weather she was probably trying to book into a room. A few years earlier, a black bear made himself at home in the parking lot of a major supermarket there.

User

86FF7A0B-0A9F-4367-BFB2-3BF78FED614F.jpgFinally managed to take a photo of the monkey this morning. Normally comes early in the morning every second day or third, today it came late morning.

User

I didn't know you got vervets in that part of the world. Interesting.

User

There seems to be only one, so I assume is was someone’s pet before. Apparently it been here for a while now, although this past week was the first time we seen it. The park behind has a stream and further in there’s more trees so it may have made itself at home.That section is not maintained and people don’t generally go there.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5