User

Default MTM Case-Gard. Shooting Range Box.

Thanks to the generosity of KK20 (who gifted it to me) and Camo from The Quartermaster (who had it delivered to me, here in the middle of nowhere) I am now the proud owner of a MTM Case-Gard Shooting Range Box.

At first glance the Shooting Range Box looks like a rather large, sturdy plastic toolbox. It is all of that but also quite a bit more. I am posting several photos which will explain the construction and function of the Shooting Range Box/Cleaning Station better than I can with words.

The SRB actually consist of two boxes, the top one is a large shallow toolbox with two small removable and several fixed trays. This box accommodates short cleaning rods, jags, brushes, patches, screwdrivers, hex keys, spare sling swivels and scope rings. In short anything you need to clean a firearm and to do minor repairs on the range.

The lower box, which is attached to the top box by two sturdy clamps, is deeper and have sufficient space for cleaning fluids and eye and ear protection. Also in the lower compartment are two sturdy rests which fit into molded slots on the inside of the box to serve as a rifle rest. There are two slots on the one side of the box, so that the rifle can be held at different angles. I prefer to have my rifle's barrel sloping down slightly when cleaning the bore, so this is a handy feature. The recesses in the rests are tapered and rubber lined so that it can hold either a rifle or a barreled action. Apart from cleaning a rifle this rest holds a rifle, or barreled action, secure enough that you can mount a scope, fit a trigger, remove or fit a stock and perform various other small maintenance tasks.

I use my rifles on an, almost, daily basis so I also spend a lot of time cleaning rifles. The MTM SRB have already been used a couple of times for cleaning barrels and basic cleaning and I have also used the stand to remove, and remount, a rifle's scope and stock for detail cleaning after the rifle and I got caught in a rainstorm.

True to its name, the Shooting Range Box allow you to take everything you need to clean and maintain your rifle (with the exception of a long cleaning rod) to the range with you in a single, easy to carry container.

Thanks KK20 and Camo.

User

Default Re: MTM Case-Gard. Shooting Range Box.

I also have one of these, they are AWESOME. Stores all my cleaning stuff (except the rods)

User

Really nice gesture and well deserved.

User

TStone just read your review.

Lools like an amazing product and ftom a quick google search is very decently priced.

Will probably consider this instead of a normal MTM cleaning station and it eliminates the need for a ranve bag.
    Last edited by Chris86; 11-01-2021 at 21:05. Reason: Spelling error

Thanks so much for the excellent review TStone. It is massively appreciated.

ps. Our next stock order we've been told is going to be a bit north of R2k :-(