User

Default What chassis to buy?

I have a howa 6.5cm that I want to put into a chassis. This will mostly be a range rifle, it may be used for hunting now and then but mostly for shooting gongs. I have looked at the gunwarrior gen 6 and the inviticus chassis. Gunwarrior is more expensive but it can take weights and has a rail for the bipod milled into the chassis. What aluminium chassis do you guys recommend?

Default Re: What chassis to buy?

Ive about 3 if not 4 years ago imported a MDT HS3 for my Remington 308. At that time there was no local importer.

I absolutely love it.

And would recommend MDT.

However with Exchange rate. Its currently pricey.

I also prefer Harris bipods over Atlas style. You will also see the Pro Shooters use Harris way more Internationally then Atlas or the MDT Bipod. So to me the rails cut into Chasis to take bipod is not important as the Harris fits to a Sling stud.

And Cant is important on a bipod. Pan is not as important and in my mind not needed.

I bought a Gun warrior gen6 and am extremely happy with it. The guys were friendly and accommodating with a colour change and on top of it you support local!

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Ive about 3 if not 4 years ago imported a MDT HS3 for my Remington 308. At that time there was no local importer.

I absolutely love it.

And would recommend MDT.

However with Exchange rate. Its currently pricey.

I also prefer Harris bipods over Atlas style. You will also see the Pro Shooters use Harris way more Internationally then Atlas or the MDT Bipod. So to me the rails cut into Chasis to take bipod is not important as the Harris fits to a Sling stud.

And Cant is important on a bipod. Pan is not as important and in my mind not needed.
    You can contact Multec for MDT - pricey but worth it - I have 2 running, one on my 223 Tikka and one on 260 - love them

User

I thought about MDT, but if I can I would like to support a local manufacturer such as gunwarrior or STG. Do any of these chassis have other advantages or drawbacks that I may have overlooked?

Interesting comment about the haris bipod vs atlas bipod. I was planning on buying the atlas, but I will research it a bit more.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Hunting with a chassis rifle??? Noooooooooo! It just doesn't fit in the field. But thats just my own sentiment.

Gun Warrior should be a decent choice. Have used a friends rifle with one and it seems good quality to me. But then, the only chassis I really know something about is my Hilux's chassis that broke.