Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: Norinco Type 56. Guidance please.

Phew.. I would rather just throw on a RS Regulate mount and optic. Much better looking solution, my honest opinion. But its cool to see some custom work :) to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by VNI View Post
    I am partial towards the Kalashnikov action, so I would take the Type 56. This is an expensive hobby, so purchasing the more affordable rifle before getting in too deep would be my recommendation. You're also getting a known quality - some factories' castings aren't the prettiest, but as far as I know these are the same factories using the same parts they do in their military contracts.

I'll make a separate entry, but we are looking to make a batch of our dust cover rails to fit smooth dust cover AKs. The sight leaf would be replaced with an insert that holds the anchor bar - the "gutter" on the rail itself would serve as a backup fixed sight.

I've posted a picture below - take note the rifle used is a Romanian AK. I was checking if substituting an LM dust cover would work; it does, but we would need to add a riser to the rear sight, and that's a whole other story.

User

Quote Originally Posted by s3renity View Post
    Phew.. I would rather just throw on a RS Regulate mount and optic. Much better looking solution, my honest opinion. But its cool to see some custom work :) to each his own.
    I probably should not have posted that picture; it was just to check fitment. I'll try and have a 3D printed version done in the next week to give a better visual of what it all looks like.

User

User

Been a fun project.

Not sniper rifle accurate, but I'm happy with hitting paper plates at 100m
    AR is def easier to add things to.

But then again you get such cool historical items for the AK, Like a bakelite mag of a dead combatant in Angola
    His spirit adds accuracy, and guidance

User

I just need to replace the M4 stock end on the CNC warrior folding stock
    Nice thing is it's a metal galil style knuckle so you can still beat things with it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4