User

Default So what dash cameras are you using in 2021 on your vehicle ?

Hi everyone

Was looking through some dash cam threads but there's mostly outdated info with models that haven't been on sale in years.

So what brand & model of dash camera are you guys using in 2021 and would you recommend it ?

Any consensus on the "Glock 19/CZ P07" of dash cams yet ? I'm looking for one that's simple and reliable like the aforementioned handguns

User

Default Re: So what dash cameras are you using in 2021 on your vehicle ?

Still using my Garmin Dashcam 55 all this time. Have used it now for a couple of years and very happy with it. My wife has the the Dashcam 45 model in her car and also been going a few years now.

Their newer models also look very nice.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

User

Any decent cameras with a rear facing camera as well?

User

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    Any decent cameras with a rear facing camera as well?
    I've heard of these as well, one of the newest ones being the Garmin Tandem.

They do seem to have to be placed quite low though, and can start interfering with visibility as they are no longer hidden fully/partially by the rear view mirror.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    I've heard of these as well, one of the newest ones being the Garmin Tandem.

They do seem to have to be placed quite low though, and can start interfering with visibility as they are no longer hidden fully/partially by the rear view mirror.
    I suppose that depending on the car or scenario, you could install a separate one on the rear window. Probably easier and cheaper.

I started working in jhb again and have had some mega aggressive taxi drivers trying to fly up my backside. 9/10 times I'm behind a car myself, so not sure if I'm supposed to or expected to jump over the car in front of me.

The serious nature and loss of life in taxi accidents do not seem to resonate with these drivers. It's not uncommon for 10 people to die and be seriously injured in a single taxi accident. Imagine living with yourself after a handful of people die. Imagine the extra level of guilt when you know you were driving like a toss and a reckless move caused it. I know laws don't always solve a problem but good grief, people transporting a large number of people as a job need to held to a higher standard and some better enforcement for reckless drivers.

User

BIDORBUY special

Works like a bomb.