User

Default CAMPMOR SAFARI SENIOR BUSH COMBO CANVAS 5-PERSON DOME TENT WITH LARGE EXTENSION AND VERANDAH

Hi all,

So in December instead of finally buying the CZ455 Night Sky Edition, my wife convinced me we should start camping - off we went to outdoor warehouse and bought the CAMPMOR SAFARI SENIOR BUSH COMBO CANVAS 5-PERSON DOME TENT WITH LARGE EXTENSION AND VERANDAH. Now this little beast weighs in at +-80KG. Now we are bay no stretch of the imagination campers!

So this Sunday in preparation for our 1st camp the end of the month, we decided to erect the tent to make sure we can do it, while my sister supervised our little 14month old.

So in 32 degree sunny no wind Paarl weather we started the process. The salesman said it would take about 2hours as we have close to zero experience. We started at 11:30 am and in 90minutes we erected the entire tent. We made some mistakes which cost us time but in the end it was actually very simple. Yes, I know all the ropes arent in, but there was no wind and we only wanted to wet the seams to make them swell as per instructions.

Taking down the tent was also very easy and we did it in 40minutes. We did however learn we need garden clover or something as some of the poles burnt my hands red, they were extremely hot.

So all in all we are very happy with our 1st attempt.

I will provide further feedback after our 1st camping session.

Hope you have a wonderful week.

PS, the time-lapse is to large to show our progress but it looks awesome.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User

Default Re: CAMPMOR SAFARI SENIOR BUSH COMBO CANVAS 5-PERSON DOME TENT WITH LARGE EXTENSION AND VERANDAH

With a back yard like that I would consider camping at home :)

I have the same setup and I must say it does good in wind compared to other lighter tents. Consider getting yourself a silver sail to put on the roof as it lowers the inside temperature considerably.

User

Default Re: CAMPMOR SAFARI SENIOR BUSH COMBO CANVAS 5-PERSON DOME TENT WITH LARGE EXTENSION AND VERANDAH

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold View Post
    With a back yard like that I would consider camping at home :)

I have the same setup and I must say it does good in wind compared to other lighter tents. Consider getting yourself a silver sail to put on the roof as it lowers the inside temperature considerably.
    Hi Arnold

Unfortunately its not my back yard, borrowed space at a venue thats closed duet to COVID.

Can you share an exanple of the silver sail?

User

http://www.sashade.co.za/product/reflecto-cover/

Contact SA Shade in Brackenfell if you want a custom size made or perhaps they have standard sizes. Most outdoor shops also sell these.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold View Post
    http://www.sashade.co.za/product/reflecto-cover/

Contact SA Shade in Brackenfell if you want a custom size made or perhaps they have standard sizes. Most outdoor shops also sell these.
    Thank you Arnold

User

Quote Originally Posted by Chris86 View Post

Can you share an exanple of the silver sail?
    That is the most FUGLY thing ever invented. Yes the do work wonderful to keep the heat out and the monkey/bird shit off your tent but it always look like somebody came and dumped a alien craft or a big piece of crumpled tinfoil in a camp site. I prefer to pitch my army chopper tent under a tree or leave the tent in the sun so that the humans can sit under the trees, in the shade.

User

I have been using this model tent for over 12 yrs... it does get a bit tiring to erect and take down as we get "older"... so we tend only to use the full setup for the "5 days and more" trips. I purchased a seperate flysheet with small veranda to keep rain out of the doorway for weekend camping trips. I can vouch, this tent, with additional storm straps over the extension, is "vaal dam storm" proof.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Co-aX View Post
    I have been using this model tent for over 12 yrs... it does get a bit tiring to erect and take down as we get "older"... so we tend only to use the full setup for the "5 days and more" trips. I purchased a seperate flysheet with small veranda to keep rain out of the doorway for weekend camping trips. I can vouch, this tent, with additional storm straps over the extension, is "vaal dam storm" proof.
    Co-aX that is great news.

Yes we also made the conscious decision not to do a trip less than 3 nights but as they say, buy once and cry once.

User

My old 2.4m by 2.4 m chopper tent is still going strong after more than 25 years. It is a bit heavy but 100% waterproof after I sealed the seam threading with bee wax sticks. Just make 100% sure it is completely dry before packing away for storage. I after 2 weeks at Sodwana I always pitched the tent on my lawn, wash it with broom and fresh water and leave it to dry for a couple of days in the sun. Never make the mistake to loan it out to somebody, mine came back full of red mud footprints on it. If it works the same as mine, never walk on the tent while erecting it, as you can step the hooks through the sail and floor. Make sure there are no sharp thorns, sticks or rocks under it before erecting it. Enjoy

User

Hi all,

We spent 3 nights this weekend at Doornlaagte in Montagu.

The setup was easier the second time even with a 14month roaming.

Having the ability to open tje second room on any of 3 sides helped tremendously with managing the sun and the wind.

Even in relatively strong wind the tent stood strong and with 36degrees max it was manageable, with a fan.

We enjoyed it so much we are already planning the next camp.

Doornlaagte resort was also very enjoyable and we will definitely return in the future.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk