Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kudu Bulls.

Default Kudu Bulls.

I photographed these two bulls late yesterday afternoon, the light was bad so photo quality is not great, but you can still see the horns.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Default Re: Kudu Bulls.

Brilliant! And they are not looking like old bulls. Imagine them 3-4 years from now when their necks get thick and dark and they get deeper front quarters. Well done for keeping game tally in tact on the farm to protect the grazing. That is the reason for Kudu Bulls being in this condition.

Banned

User

Wow, beautiful TStone. Love the action shot!

User

Stunning!

User

Great photos TStone, thanks for sharing.

Were the 2 bulls busy with a territorial (or mating partner) fight when you came across them?
    Unless I'm mistaken and seeing wrong I notice the white foam at the mouths, this is very visible in the 2nd photo?
    This usually occurs with a high adrenaline fight and straining with 2 bulls.

The last photo has the front bull running away with it's tail between the legs and the second bull chasing to ensure it's leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-stick View Post
    Were the 2 bulls busy with a territorial (or mating partner) fight when you came across them?
    Unless I'm mistaken and seeing wrong I notice the white foam at the mouths, this is very visible in the 2nd photo?
    This usually occurs with a high adrenaline fight and straining with 2 bulls.

The last photo has the front bull running away with it's tail between the legs and the second bull chasing to ensure it's leaving.
    Firestick. The bulls were browsing about 50m apart when I first spotted them. I spent about 5 minutes taking photos before the one, the one at the back in the last photo, got a fright and ran off alarming his friend. This time of the year it is not unusual to see bulls together, I have counted twelve bulls together on one occasion. During the rut, which is in May, they fight each other for mating rights. During the rut their necks swell, I guess to make them look bigger and they get real easy to hunt as their attention is focused on the girls.

User

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    Firestick. The bulls were browsing about 50m apart when I first spotted them. I spent about 5 minutes taking photos before the one, the one at the back in the last photo, got a fright and ran off alarming his friend. This time of the year it is not unusual to see bulls together, I have counted twelve bulls together on one occasion. During the rut, which is in May, they fight each other for mating rights. During the rut their necks swell, I guess to make them look bigger and they get real easy to hunt as their attention is focused on the girls.
    Thanks, the foam is thus the result of the sweat grass they were grazing on and not fighting.
    The bulls are in good condition.

User

Beautifull, I was in Steytlerville between Xmas and New year, took my quad with, very high up into the mountains and came across two monster Bulls, sadly no photo, but huge!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by johanvb View Post
    Beautifull, I was in Steytlerville between Xmas and New year, took my quad with, very high up into the mountains and came across two monster Bulls, sadly no photo, but huge!!
    Some amazing specimens there. And the veld is looking better lately.

Looking forward to this years hunt already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast