Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Quantum Holster and Army Ant Belt

Quote Originally Posted by lokx View Post
    You’re based in Ct if I remember correctly - what handgun did you go with? I’ve got a Quantum Holster and it’s incredibly comfy. You could chat to Matthew from QC and he will sort you out. The only thing it’s all handmade and a 1 man show so it takes 3-5 weeks to get it. Worth the wait in my opinion. Every item handcrafted
    Got the P10C, I ordered the holster from Jizni as they had stock on hand at about the same price.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bl4d3 View Post
    In News defense, his/her comments made me research the company further. Google reviews on them is pretty much all 1 star reviews, I'm incredibly grateful for News comment.

If New didn't state that, I would've parted with my money and then probably have been one of hundreds never receiving my order (based on what the reviews say)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Fair enough. Problem is that with each successive mention of them, the threads detailing their shenanigans gets closer and closer to Google's page 2.

User

May I ask why?

Quantum holsters seem to have very good reviews and many have recommended it as I'm quite a round guy (192cm at 105kg), from my understanding, they're quite comfy

I've used holsters from a number of our local makers and from all I would say the QC holster that I had was the least impressive. Add to that their lack of communication (take the Black Friday deals where guys waited for yonk without a word) and that leaves me with room to pause.

Of course, I'm a sample size of one with my own biases and the like so take it with a pinch of salt. There are quite a lot of guys on forums using QC without much complaint so it can't be all bad.

User

So I've been carrying since this Monday with a QC Chameleon V3 holster and a Daniels EDC Belt.

What I can say is this is terribly uncomfortable. The holster is either digging into my stomach or into my groin no matter where I move it.
    When I walk, the gun shifts side to side slightly but just enough to chafe my stomach. I've thought of wearing a vest but adding another layer when its 35 degrees is not going to work.

Sitting is bearable, until I cant bear the gun jabbing in my crotch anymore, I then shift it and its comfortable for another 2 minutes.

Perhaps Im not cut out for AIWB. Any other recommendations?

I also cant pull my pants up any higher, if I do it will cut my balls in half

User

I once did a write up on here when I switched from strong side to AIWB, ill search for it and paste the link

Couple of pointers from my experience:

The daniels belt is not as ideal as the Kore essentials nylon micro adjustable belt, the Kore allows for micro adjustments and it makes a world of difference.

Ride height is not necessarily better when its higher, I have a tactical boep and I ride the grip of the gun just above my belt line with just enough space to slide my fingers in between the belt and grip for a draw. The rear sight digs into my belly about 2 inches below and to the right from my belly button, but its squishy fat so I dont mind.

And finally, a teaspoon of cement every morning for the next 1-3 weeks to help you harden up, it becomes such a comfortable carry position once you get use to it, unless you carrying a gun with a beaver tail like the 75 or 1911, then I wish you luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I once did a write up on here when I switched from strong side to AIWB, ill search for it and paste the link

Couple of pointers from my experience:

The daniels belt is not as ideal as the Kore essentials nylon micro adjustable belt, the Kore allows for micro adjustments and it makes a world of difference.

Ride height is not necessarily better when its higher, I have a tactical boep and I ride the grip of the gun just above my belt line with just enough space to slide my fingers in between the belt and grip for a draw. The rear sight digs into my belly about 2 inches below and to the right from my belly button, but its squishy fat so I dont mind.

And finally, a teaspoon of cement every morning for the next 1-3 weeks to help you harden up, it becomes such a comfortable carry position once you get use to it, unless you carrying a gun with a beaver tail like the 75 or 1911, then I wish you luck.

So what I did now was remove the 1 belt clip, I left the clip at the claw on except I moved it 1 hole up. Therefore meaning its only connected with 1 screw. This gave me some much needed adjustment and lowered the holster enough to prevent the firearm from stabbing my gut. Seems to feel a lot better now

User

So what I did now was remove the 1 belt clip, I left the clip at the claw on except I moved it 1 hole up. Therefore meaning its only connected with 1 screw. This gave me some much needed adjustment and lowered the holster enough to prevent the firearm from stabbing my gut. Seems to feel a lot better now
    Great stuff!! If it only has one screw holding the clip I would loctite the shit out of it, blue though not red.

Also, I really prefer soft loops, they allow for the gun to shift at a slight angle, either way you may wish.

Hang in there in a few weeks you would have forgotten all about this

User

Kore essential belts, all the way!!!It's the best belt I have ever tried.

User

Quote Originally Posted by razack View Post
    Kore essential belts, all the way!!!It's the best belt I have ever tried.
    Where to get though?
    I saw Tactical Distributors has but their reviews are horrible

User

When I started to carry aiwb it was also quite a bit uncomfortable but you have to play around a bit with position and belt tension. When I found my spot I then dremelled the protruding part of the C clip and bit of the holster corner away and rounded that corner. Now my holster fit me like a "glove". My work belt (normal floppy, unstiffened leather) I wear my belt a little bit looser than normal. Happy searching, you'll find you spot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast