User

Default Hera Carbine Kit

I saw Rob's comments on facebook about the Hera kit with a G17. Apparently SWATG had a lot of problems with it. Any more info?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...&id=1303869778

User

Default Re: Hera Carbine Kit

I was there and next to Swattie when he used it and it was one our HERA GCC conversions.

IMO Swattie was unfamiliar with the system compared to his Roni and had no time to check it out. He experienced problems with the charging lever with which he was unfamiliar. He used it for one exercise (Swattie ?). Swattie can comment on the issue and correct me if he had other problems with the system.

My perspective of the problems encounters is different from Rob's.

The heart of the HERA (and the Roni for that matter) is the Glock inside. If the Glock gives problems it cannot be attributed to the conversion kit and one will have to investigate more in depth to come to a reasonable conclusion.

It is entirely a different matter IMO to use the HERA for IDPA 3 gun (30 -40 round per firearm for carbine, pistol, shotgun matches) and for a seriously hectic course like the Rob Pincuss course.

The HERA GCC is imo more of a light weight compared to the Roni and not viable for serious work as a pistol caliber carbine, in other words it cannot replace a LM or AR for instance and neither can the Roni imo. Hence the lower price. It will work as a 3 gun unit.

I did see that one of the cir clips of the pin holding the Glock in the HERA frame (there is also a clamp on the light rail) was missing after Swattie used it but the unit still worked without the cir clip.
    Last edited by DS; 06-09-2010 at 14:11.

Ok the problems have to be seen in context, in all honesty it had nothing to do with the system itself, I quickly switched over to the Hera to see how it will hold up, the biggest mistake we made was that I was running the Roni with someone else's G19 (my G19 broke that is another story) and completely forgot that the Hera that was handed to me had a G17 in it, so when I used the happy sticks it worked fine, but there where many mag changes and try to stick a G19 mag into a G17, remember I still had my 19 magazines on me, so we never switched to the correct magazines, it was the longest 5 minutes of shooting in my life, so any comments made on the working of the Hera based on that specific exercise will be foolish and holds no merit, yes I do think that the Roni is a better hard working system, but it also comes with a much higher price tag, so nothing can be read into the performance of the Hera, when it had the long magazines in it ran fine, but a small part did break off like Khumba stated!

User

Quote Originally Posted by SWATG View Post
    ......my G19 broke that is another story......
    !!!! ?????? !!!!!
    Was it me, Arno?
    MJ

Marekjan, did not want to say much, wanted to PM you first, because I know you will feel terrible about it, the Sunday evening when I decided to clean it I noticed that the left rear wing for the slide on the frame broke off, yeah it was you, but as I stated on the day if it is going to break it will, whether you shoot it or me, was probably just a question of bad timing, will be dropping off my slide with BigT and they are really going out of their way to fix it, will probably be without my Glock for a couple of months, but hey that is life, luckily we had good people in our class and I did the pistol part with the M&P and borrowed a Glock for the Roni, so all good.

Marek, this is not your fault, so please forget about it!

User

PM inbound. Don't you dare not to respond.
    MJ

Ha ha, don't worry I already responded, now just waiting for my new phone then we will be far more service driven than ever before, thanks Marek you are a great and honest man!

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Marekjan View Post
    PM inbound. Don't you dare not to respond.
    MJ
    Should we not move this to the dungeon. I suspect 'discipline' is about to occur...
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Should we not move this to the dungeon. I suspect 'discipline' is about to occur...
    Naa, its all sorted out. Sorry for the hijack. Back to Hera now.
    MJ