Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Having a friend in the US send me a holster

Hi Guys,

Would there be any issues if a friend of mine in the US sends me a holster?

I cannot find this in South Africa at all: https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/m...d-package.html

User

Default Re: Having a friend in the US send me a holster

Search the ITAR regs. I SA somewhere they were amended not so long ago. If I recall, they increased the spend limit and adjusted the list of items you need permits for.I think CHS guns sell a pretty decent belt band.

User

Quote Originally Posted by wthang View Post
    Search the ITAR regs. I SA somewhere they were amended not so long ago. If I recall, they increased the spend limit and adjusted the list of items you need permits for.I think CHS guns sell a pretty decent belt band.
    Rather check the department of Commerce, as most Small Arms related items were moved from ITAR / DOS to DOC. Their limit before needing an export permit is $500.

None the less, holsters have never been regulated from the US Side, but you might still need an ITAC permit, as they have gotten funny in recent times and anything firearm related would require one.

User

For which gun?

I would HIGHLY consider the PHLster Pro and PHLster Enigma combo over this, it will cost about 3500 Bucks (R1750 a piece) , but will be woth it, try Hailstorm

User

Quote Originally Posted by gustavdp View Post
    Hi Guys,

Would there be any issues if a friend of mine in the US sends me a holster?

I cannot find this in South Africa at all: https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/m...d-package.html
    No issue, but if customs gets hold of it expect 40% + Vat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    No issue, but if customs gets hold of it expect 40% + Vat.
    Eina.

User

I just ordered 3 holsters from the states. They are on the way here now with Fedex, and have already paid the customs (30%) plus VAT. Relatively expensive but not exorbitant for something that is an integral part of your SD set-up.

I used a shipping aggregator called Myus.com so shipped everything from the sellers to a warehouse in the states, and then they combined and made one parcel to ship. International shipping plus insurance cost US$39, which isn't crazy.

There was a hiccup where the guys at Myus.com were telling me that they couldn't ship to me in SA because the US Munitions List strictly prohibits them to ship guns, gun parts and/or accessories out of the United States of America. However, after checking all the regs myself, i made a case to them that holsters are not included in the definition of gun parts and/or accessories. They needed to escalate to their compliance team but came back with a positive response. Should receive the package in the next few days.

Obviously there is no getting away from the customs of 30% or the VAT, so almost doubles the price, if you are buying from a retailer rather than asking a mate to bring it over. However, it's still worth it for me because the choice of holsters locally is pathetic unless your firearm starts with "G" and ends in "lock".

User

I had my concealment solutions sent to me from the states. Jizni used to sell them and mine cracked
    They gave me a brand new one, I paid shipping. Arrived via fedex

User

Holsters not part of things that is prohibited by ITAR. Anything that attaches to a gun though is, aftermarket triggers, sights, light mounts etc are.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toors View Post
    Holsters not part of things that is prohibited by ITAR. Anything that attaches to a gun though is, aftermarket triggers, sights, light mounts etc are.
    Nope... go read up on the changes to ITAR that took effect in March last year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast