Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Having a friend in the US send me a holster

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    Nope... go read up on the changes to ITAR that took effect in March last year.
    Hey man

Could you elaborate?

Which part of that statement is incorrect, as per my reading of the regs - it seems largely correct?

User

Quote Originally Posted by b20 View Post
    Hey man

Could you elaborate?

Which part of that statement is incorrect, as per my reading of the regs - it seems largely correct?
    Most small arms and their related parts were removed from the DOS ITAR list, and moved to the DOC Export Control List.
    So technically if they fall on that list, and are less than $500 they do not need any additional paperwork from the US side.

Things like Barrels, Upper Receivers (AR15) technically don't need added paperwork from the US side in terms of export control. Only the parts the US sees as the firearm require paperwork, such as the lower on an AR, Pistol Frame, Complete Firearm, etc. Nothing has changed on the SA side though, and all the frames, receivers, barrels need SAPS importation documentation.

Thing is most us suppliers have been slow on the uptake as they still need to register with the relevant authority if they want to export any of their products / stock listing, or just aren't interested in the export market, which is why most have not changed their shipping policies.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    Most small arms and their related parts were removed from the DOS ITAR list, and moved to the DOC Export Control List.
    So technically if they fall on that list, and are less than $500 they do not need any additional paperwork from the US side.

Things like Barrels, Upper Receivers (AR15) technically don't need added paperwork from the US side in terms of export control. Only the parts the US sees as the firearm require paperwork, such as the lower on an AR, Pistol Frame, Complete Firearm, etc. Nothing has changed on the SA side though, and all the frames, receivers, barrels need SAPS importation documentation.

Thing is most us suppliers have been slow on the uptake as they still need to register with the relevant authority if they want to export any of their products / stock listing, or just aren't interested in the export market, which is why most have not changed their shipping policies.
    Is ITAR different to the US Munitions List?

User

Quote Originally Posted by b20 View Post
    Is ITAR different to the US Munitions List?
    ITAR and USML are part and parcel of with each other. When I refer to ITAR list I'm generally referring to the USML read inconjunction with ITAR Regualtions.

Did a quick google search, but I think one of the articles in the results will link to the updated regulations.
    https://www.google.com/search?client...4dUDCAw&uact=5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2