Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default The Punisher JHP ammo

https://www.davesheer.com/ammunition...m-para-per-20/

What is this?!

On the pic these seems serrated to the extreme!

User

Default Re: The Punisher JHP ammo

It's a monolithic HP. Not what I'd carry or shoot, TBH. I prefer a nice and heavy freedom seed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    Absolute toss. Hard pass. Look for tier 1 ammo. Anything that is LE issue, will fit that bill. Winchester Ranger T/Bonded, Hornady Critical Duty etc.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    It's a monolithic HP. Not what I'd carry or shoot, TBH. I prefer a nice and heavy freedom seed.
    Mid weight, high velocity almost always outperforms heavy for caliber. I always opt for mid weight, faster loads. I.E. 124gr +P in 9x19, 165gr in .40 and 200gr +P in .45ACP.

So I once whatched a Youtube video from Paul Harrel. Who looks like he lives in 80's.

But one thing he said about hollow points is kinda interesting.

This is not my view. But:

Its regarding their names and branding.

So in short he said. Think of what happens if you have to shoot and do shoot. You come in front of a judge or prosecutor. And they might not be overly knowledge d in firearms or ammunition. And they ask why did you have to use a ammunition named "Punisher" As the name alone might create an impression in their minds of deciding in advance a certain outcome you had in mind by using this type of ammunition.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    So I once whatched a Youtube video from Paul Harrel. Who looks like he lives in 80's.

But one thing he said about hollow points is kinda interesting.

This is not my view. But:

Its regarding their names and branding.

So in short he said. Think of what happens if you have to shoot and do shoot. You come in front of a judge or prosecutor. And they might not be overly knowledge d in firearms or ammunition. And they ask why did you have to use a ammunition named "Punisher" As the name alone might create an impression in their minds of deciding in advance a certain outcome you had in mind by using this type of ammunition.
    That may be a concern in the U.S, but I highly doubt it would even factor here.
    This is why a lot of American forums prescribe using the ammo that your local PD is issued.

That said, the 'Black Talon' featured in the Reeva Steenkamp case.

User

Thats why you pay your lawyer, to extol the virtues of said ammo's mushrooming abilities and lack of over penetration. Thusly ensuring the safety of innocents. The name is purely co-incidental. But I get your point, which is valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    That may be a concern in the U.S, but I highly doubt it would even factor here.
    This is why a lot of American forums prescribe using the ammo that your local PD is issued.

That said, the 'Black Talon' featured in the Reeva Steenkamp case.
    Thats why I currently have Hornady Critical Defence Lite in my 9mmP. So its Lite and has Pink tip. So should make them think more friendly. LOL

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Thats why I currently have Hornady Critical Defence Lite in my 9mmP. So its Lite and has Pink tip. So should make them think more friendly. LOL
    Are you serious? I wouldn't carry that shit even if I was sponsored.

I heard one of the more prominent Youtubers say that Hornady Critical Defense is the way to go as it has a little plug in the hollow of the hollow point which ensures that if the bullet hits any material before the body it will still expand. Something about a regular hollow point failing to open when hitting clothing or the like. Any truth to this?

Edit: Seems Winchester has the same thing.

https://winchester.com/Products/Ammu...Defense/RED9HP

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast