Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Default Re: The Punisher JHP ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    No, not in my opinion.
    The 147 Gn shoot better, I find follow up shots MUCH easier with them.... Especially in short barreled guns
    Quote Originally Posted by Kola View Post
    When you shoot them out at some point to refresh will be fine, don't stress it.

Thanx. Still have to function test them, but bought them over the +P+ specifically due to others that said the 147's were less snappy than the +P+....

My current pink tip Hornady's have the same felt recoil as my normal range ammo. So to me thats a huge benefit. As no surprises when firing them over normal ammo I use. Also they function flawless. And the couple I tested into my own testing media. Performed very well.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    I heard one of the more prominent Youtubers say that Hornady Critical Defense is the way to go as it has a little plug in the hollow of the hollow point which ensures that if the bullet hits any material before the body it will still expand. Something about a regular hollow point failing to open when hitting clothing or the like. Any truth to this?

Edit: Seems Winchester has the same thing.

https://winchester.com/Products/Ammu...Defense/RED9HP
    Truth to it? Yes. But that depends on a multitude of factors, not just bullet design. Hornady Critical Duty is a much better load of the two Hornady offerings. I would not like to shoot through barriers with the Critical Defense bullet, IMHO they are designed for American conditions and are not representative of what our EDCers may face e.g. a hi-jacking requiring hard barrier penetration like a windscreen.

User

Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    Damn.... I just bought 147gr rangers. You guys saying I should have opted for the 127 +P+?
    Don't overthink it. The 147gr T series works just fine, provided they're been function tested.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    Don't overthink it. The 147gr T series works just fine, provided they're been function tested.

Yepp will not carry them until function tested. Will keep to the current SD ammo for now.

Banned

Its a ammunition with a name that catch's folk that are easily caught by dramatics. Good ammunition would never be branded with a violent teenage movie mentality appeal name.

Something that would appeal to a lower level hierarchy Cape Flats gangster.

"Punisher" must be deadly hey ? - lekker!!

User

I agree rather practice so that you can get them on target and they will do the job, as was very often said on this forum by a well known Moderate even if they then act as round ball they are still on target and will get the job done.

User

That may be a concern in the U.S, but I highly doubt it would even factor here.
    This is why a lot of American forums prescribe using the ammo that your local PD is issued.

That said, the 'Black Talon' featured in the Reeva Steenkamp case.

Yes this was the first time I saw this in our courts funny enough I think it was actually Winchester 127gr Rangers that was used.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    They're fine. Don't worry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    No, not in my opinion.
    The 147 Gn shoot better, I find follow up shots MUCH easier with them.... Especially in short barreled guns
    As a sidline question. Are they fine for a P10C? Recently heard from a friend's friend (yes I know that is a bad start to take something seriously) that 147gr will apparently "rip compact guns to pieces" and will damages the barrel quickly?

User

Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    As a sidline question. Are they fine for a P10C? Recently heard from a friend's friend (yes I know that is a bad start to take something seriously) that 147gr will apparently "rip compact guns to pieces" and will damages the barrel quickly?
    I use to shoot them in my Glock 43 (for the whole week that I owned one) and they were by far the best in that tiny gun, the +P+ was in that micro subcompact was like trying to hold on to a hand grenade, so yes the 147s will be perfect in your CZ P10C

On a side note: tell your friend's friend to fuck off.....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast