Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
  1. #11
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,475

    Default Re: Stuck App Process

    Quote Originally Posted by tims View Post
    Gents, I believe there is an e mail address, I can use, a complaints e mail address, does anyone know what that is?
    complaintsnodalpoint@saps.gov.za it does however not bring you very far. I've been on their case now since December and it did not make any difference on the progress of my application. I'm on 160 working days.

  2. #12
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Age
    31
    Posts
    104

    Default Re: Stuck App Process

    Think it was this one.....hard to search this site

    complaintsnodalpoint@saps.gov.za

  3. #13
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    JHB North
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,926

    Default Re: Stuck App Process

    Thank you Gents, nothing ventured nothing gained

  4. #14
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    39
    Posts
    408

    Default Re: Stuck App Process

    My wife's S13 app is on 138 working days. "Received at licensing" since 1/10/20. Very frustrating!

  5. #15

    Default Re: Stuck App Process

    you can bitch adn moan as much you want with the cfr they don't care and there's nothing you can do. Mine was 217 total days (155 working days) from the time I handed in until approval. 191 total days (136 working days from the time it got attention.

    Been 246 days (176 working) since I handed in no card yet

    This is just the new norm at the moment. Some applications go quicker but if you're nowhere near this long yet then you've got nothing to worry about

  6. #16

    Default Re: Stuck App Process

    I’m currently on 178 working days on my renewal, total 256 days from handing in. Sent an email about a month or 2 ago to the one that they ask you to when you call the CFR, haven’t received a reply. Called many times, no answer. Today was a better day as I managed to get through via phone but they dropped the call.

  7. #17
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Age
    31
    Posts
    104

    Default Re: Stuck App Process

    Quote Originally Posted by glenn.watson View Post
    you can bitch adn moan as much you want with the cfr they don't care and there's nothing you can do. Mine was 217 total days (155 working days) from the time I handed in until approval. 191 total days (136 working days from the time it got attention.

    Been 246 days (176 working) since I handed in no card yet

    This is just the new norm at the moment. Some applications go quicker but if you're nowhere near this long yet then you've got nothing to worry about
    This. Which is why my comment earlier was made.
    Not a damn thing one can do.

    Like the phone call I made trying to get my ref. Was told "not 90 days yet". Beep. Also looks like they act almighty when you phone - "You have phoned before".

    Just wait it out

  8. #18
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Age
    31
    Posts
    104

    Default Re: Stuck App Process

    Quote Originally Posted by AngusK View Post
    I’m currently on 178 working days on my renewal, total 256 days from handing in. Sent an email about a month or 2 ago to the one that they ask you to when you call the CFR, haven’t received a reply. Called many times, no answer. Today was a better day as I managed to get through via phone but they dropped the call.
    Jip, I got my Competency more than a month ago. Still no reply on an email I sent in September.
    Now I'm riding the wave on the license - 40 working days so far

  9. #19

    Default Re: Stuck App Process

    Can we not approach Martin hood for a joint case and split the costs. The more that join the cheaper it becomes and we can have our voices heard. The CFR need a damn good hiding to come right again. And in the ruling i am positive it is 90 calendar days. Think they just made it working days and left it there. There is a huge difference between 90 consecutive days and 90 working days. When they tell you you must apply 90 days prior for relicense and withing 120 to 90 days that is consecutive days not working days. They pick what they want with what suits them. I have a renewal that is at 299 business days which is 416 calendar days. But if I miss the day by one I have to now surrender my gun as it is now illegal. These guys need a legal hiding they are screwing up six ways from Sunday. The legal term for one attorney representing multiple clients in for the same reason escapes me.

  10. #20
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kempton Park
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,548

    Default Re: Stuck App Process

    Quote Originally Posted by andy_760901 View Post
    Can we not approach Martin hood for a joint case and split the costs. The more that join the cheaper it becomes and we can have our voices heard. The CFR need a damn good hiding to come right again. And in the ruling i am positive it is 90 calendar days. Think they just made it working days and left it there. There is a huge difference between 90 consecutive days and 90 working days. When they tell you you must apply 90 days prior for relicense and withing 120 to 90 days that is consecutive days not working days. They pick what they want with what suits them. I have a renewal that is at 299 business days which is 416 calendar days. But if I miss the day by one I have to now surrender my gun as it is now illegal. These guys need a legal hiding they are screwing up six ways from Sunday. The legal term for one attorney representing multiple clients in for the same reason escapes me.
    Count me in!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •