Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Default What bullshit in roadblocks this is?

My Dad travelled to Gauteng yesterday. At the Carousel Toll Plaza on the N1 South is a permanent Covid checkpoint. So the SAPS member had him stop. Checked if he has a license, vehicle license check, booze in or on the bakkie and then asked if he has a firearm. The answer was yes. So the SAPS member wanted to see the firearm and license. My Dad obliged, got his license out first and asked the officer if he wanted to see the weapon ass well. He did want to check the numbers. So my dad took his Glock 19 from the holster, took out the magazine and cleared the pistol. Leaving it open and handed to the member. And then the bollock started. He wanted to arrest my father on the spot and confiscate the weapon. With a seriously aggressive attitude he started a rant, grabbed the mag and pushed it in his face. "This mag is fully loaded with 15 rounds and you have taken out a round from the chamber, so you have loaded a firearm licensed only for 15 rounds with 16 rounds." WTF? Long story short, my Dad stayed calm and they had a conversation about it and the cop seriously wanted to arrest him. Later he let him go but stated that if he ever find him again with a weapon loaded beyond capacity he will arrest him and confiscate the weapon.

(Please, don't go into a discussion of the merits or problems with filling the mag again to capacity after loading a roud in the chamber. That is irrelevant.)

User

Default Re: What bullshit in roadblocks this is?

The cop is going to have a heart attack if he had to stop me.

User

I can only shake my head at this. Can someone be this ignorant? Did he also reprimand your dad for carrying "illegal" hollow points?

User

Sounds like a KFC roadblock.

Banana republic. The cops in this country are getting worse and worse. There's a video doing the rounds where a cop just shamboks a person for no reason.

Wonder what will happen if I get caught with a 33 round happy stick in the gun....

User

I hope you can identify the member of the most corrupt and criminally inclined organization in South africa? Take it up with his superiors and lay a charge of intimidation.

I know it is like farting against thunder, but if we do nothing it won’t get any better.

User

Well that's a new one to add to the list.

So far the Cop BS list of made-up offenses consists of :
    - Carrying a Section 15 or 16 firearm on you because it is not licensed for self defense.
    - Carrying a firearm without a competency certificate or card on your person.
    - Carrying with a round in the chamber because that is illegal.
    - Carrying hollowpoints because that is intent to murder.
    - Carrying less than your magazine's capacity because that means you used your firearm recently.
    - Using a magazine that extends past the end of the grip because that is illegal.
    - Using a red dot, laser sight or compensator because those are illegal modifications.
    - And now carrying a fully loaded firearm because it is illegal to load beyond capacity.

User

A colleague in a gun shop I worked at part time had a similar issue with a female metro officer, a colleague and their supervisor, turns out that it had to do with a misinterpreted rule regarding ammo given to them and then of course failing the inspection when they couldn't produce all of the ammo, which must then apply to us dumb civilians, long short the supervisor had to explain to them that they incorrectly applying a Metro rule as law. I bet that this is some variation of that ignorance in action.

User

Show me on the licence where it states the number of rounds....
    He is going to arrest someone for that one day and he is going to lose his pension in court...

I'm gatvol of cops like this.
    I feel for the hard working and dedicated caps who have to work with these clowns.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    I hope you can identify the member of the most corrupt and criminally inclined organization in South africa? Take it up with his superiors and lay a charge of intimidation.

I know it is like farting against thunder, but if we do nothing it won’t get any better.
    +1

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast