Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: What bullshit in roadblocks this is?

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    You're very likely to get an STI out of the deal, just not the one you would like.

User

Quote Originally Posted by momo235 View Post
    Had this last week. Very polite police officer at the gauteng/Mpumalanga line asked to have a look. Very professional and ensured I was at ease.

His colleague comes around asking me why do guys like carrying guns, is it necessary to want to kill. Tone was quite hostile. I responded with I am legally licenced and do not need to explain my reasons to anyone but to the registrar issuing me with the licence. Immediately after came the question, are you carrying hollow points. She looked at the magazine though the window and said those are illegal.

To my benefit the professional guy handed my firearm back as soon as she said that and laughed. Wished me well on my journey.
    "His colleague comes around asking me why do guys like carrying guns, is it necessary to want to kill. Tone was quite hostile" LOL, should ask why is it necessary for the cop in question to have a gun, is it necessary to want to kill...

I think you handled it well

User

I attended an event with several SAPS members a while ago, most of whom did duty at a specific key point. I learned, to my absolute horror, that empty chamber carry is the official policy at that key point.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MrK View Post
    I attended an event with several SAPS members a while ago, most of whom did duty at a specific key point. I learned, to my absolute horror, that empty chamber carry is the official policy at that key point.
    It is policy for the entire saps, I think TRT might be exempt.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    It is policy for the entire saps
    Probably much safer for the public if SAPS carry empty chamber, given their mandated shooting requirements, once every 5 years I believe?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Probably much safer for the public if SAPS carry empty chamber, given their mandated shooting requirements, once every 5 years I believe?

With the current state of the saps, i think issuing them with pool noodles would be safest.
    Lets be honest, you don't really need a gun to arrest surfers anyway.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4