Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: What bullshit in roadblocks this is?

Sadly, more than half the SAPS and Metro Police members I've encountered in roadblocks in Gauteng are basically criminals in uniform.

The ratio appears to be lower in WC and NC.

One has to wonder if intimidation and issuing empty threats to law-abiding are a part of their training curriculum.

When you criminalise something as retarded as breaking the curfew or having a 6 pack of Castle Lager in your boot, you enable them to abuse their power even more.

I don't get angry anymore at these baffoons. It's just one of the trade-offs to live in a country run by 3rd world politicians.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

User

One day, some one, some where, is going to resist and there may be a shoot out.

User

I would love spending a night or 2 in the tjoekie because of a doos cop like that, I mean the biggest decision id have to make afterwards is which gun shop to grace by buying an STI and which fucking hotel ill be taking my wife and kids to in Mauritius, with that idiots money

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    One day, some one, some where, is going to resist and there may be a shoot out.
    It already happened. With a well known rugby player. I believe the cop was trying to solicit a bribe and things got rough or something to that effect and the cop was killed. Can't remember the details now.

It truly amazes me how militant the cops are about policing masks, alcohol and curfew, while when all that ends, mark my words, they will go back to be the most lazy bunch of useless slobs again. I don't say this gleefully as I respect what cops do but that respect has been whittled away over the years to where I am left with contempt.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    It already happened. With a well known rugby player. I believe the cop was trying to solicit a bribe and things got rough or something to that effect and the cop was killed. Can't remember the details now.

It truly amazes me how militant the cops are about policing masks, alcohol and curfew, while when all that ends, mark my words, they will go back to be the most lazy bunch of useless slobs again. I don't say this gleefully as I respect what cops do but that respect has been whittled away over the years to where I am left with contempt.
    SoldierMan

The player invoilved was Bees Roux.

Cheers

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    My Dad travelled to Gauteng yesterday. At the Carousel Toll Plaza on the N1 South is a permanent Covid checkpoint. So the SAPS member had him stop. Checked if he has a license, vehicle license check, booze in or on the bakkie and then asked if he has a firearm. The answer was yes. So the SAPS member wanted to see the firearm and license. My Dad obliged, got his license out first and asked the officer if he wanted to see the weapon ass well. He did want to check the numbers. So my dad took his Glock 19 from the holster, took out the magazine and cleared the pistol. Leaving it open and handed to the member. And then the bollock started. He wanted to arrest my father on the spot and confiscate the weapon. With a seriously aggressive attitude he started a rant, grabbed the mag and pushed it in his face. "This mag is fully loaded with 15 rounds and you have taken out a round from the chamber, so you have loaded a firearm licensed only for 15 rounds with 16 rounds." WTF? Long story short, my Dad stayed calm and they had a conversation about it and the cop seriously wanted to arrest him. Later he let him go but stated that if he ever find him again with a weapon loaded beyond capacity he will arrest him and confiscate the weapon.

(Please, don't go into a discussion of the merits or problems with filling the mag again to capacity after loading a roud in the chamber. That is irrelevant.)
    Sounds like somebody will get lucky and remove said members pension soon, the day he arrests someone I hope they mop the floor with his retirement

Quote Originally Posted by Methos View Post
    SoldierMan

The player invoilved was Bees Roux.

Cheers
    Ah yes, thanks.

Don't like to promote swearing but this seems appropriate :)

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Quote Originally Posted by tims View Post
    A colleague in a gun shop I worked at part time had a similar issue with a female metro officer, a colleague and their supervisor, turns out that it had to do with a misinterpreted rule regarding ammo given to them and then of course failing the inspection when they couldn't produce all of the ammo, which must then apply to us dumb civilians, long short the supervisor had to explain to them that they incorrectly applying a Metro rule as law. I bet that this is some variation of that ignorance in action.
    This might be the very reason and source of crap that is being thought out. Maybe cop rules state that a mag may not be topped up so that there are easier control of shots fired when an incident happened? Are cops allowed one-up carry?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I would love spending a night or 2 in the tjoekie because of a doos cop like that, I mean the biggest decision id have to make afterwards is which gun shop to grace by buying an STI and which fucking hotel ill be taking my wife and kids to in Mauritius, with that idiots money
    If this kind of thing happened more often to those who abuse power, we might actually see the rubbish being flushed out of SAPS.

I have a cousin who was arrested illegally for a few hours.
    He got about 100k for his wasted day.

User

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    If this kind of thing happened more often to those who abuse power, we might actually see the rubbish being flushed out of SAPS.

I have a cousin who was arrested illegally for a few hours.
    He got about 100k for his wasted day.
    If I was your cousin, I would go to the corrupt bastard at the police station with 100K in CASH just to show him a big fuck you.....

I would convince some of the better shooters from my club to join, just in case

No but I 100% agree, it could be traumatic for my kids seeing their dad arrested and treated like a dog, but nothing a little Disney land cant fix hey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast