Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: What bullshit in roadblocks this is?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    If I was your cousin, I would go to the corrupt bastard at the police station with 100K in CASH just to show him a big fuck you.....

I would convince some of the better shooters from my club to join, just in case

No but I 100% agree, it could be traumatic for my kids seeing their dad arrested and treated like a dog, but nothing a little Disney land cant fix hey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I see you from the Vaal. Can't remember if it was V Town or Meyerton where my cousin got arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by tobie View Post
    I can only shake my head at this. Can someone be this ignorant? Did he also reprimand your dad for carrying "illegal" hollow points?
    Had this last week. Very polite police officer at the gauteng/Mpumalanga line asked to have a look. Very professional and ensured I was at ease.

His colleague comes around asking me why do guys like carrying guns, is it necessary to want to kill. Tone was quite hostile. I responded with I am legally licenced and do not need to explain my reasons to anyone but to the registrar issuing me with the licence. Immediately after came the question, are you carrying hollow points. She looked at the magazine though the window and said those are illegal.

To my benefit the professional guy handed my firearm back as soon as she said that and laughed. Wished me well on my journey.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    This might be the very reason and source of crap that is being thought out. Maybe cop rules state that a mag may not be topped up so that there are easier control of shots fired when an incident happened? Are cops allowed one-up carry?
    In my 20 years in the police my mags were always topped up and I always carried one-up, there were no standing orders against this practice. Things might have changed in the last 9 years since I left, but I seriously doubt it.

So if your dad loaded 16 into a 15 round magazines I could understand that could damage his magazine. But even then it would be his choice.
    The magazine is designed for 15 and there was only 15 in. The 1 in chamber has no effect on the functioning of the 15 in magazine.

Maybe he was upset as the SAPS does not have money for ammunition. And they only get 5 or 10 rounds to carry in magazines. And told some or other BS about the reason they only have so little in.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel K20 View Post
    In my 20 years in the police my mags were always topped up and I always carried one-up, there were no standing orders against this practice. Things might have changed in the last 9 years since I left, but I seriously doubt it.
    I don't think any rules around carrying 1 up has changed. The policeman at the roadblock i was stopped at made a joke about him also carrying 1 up, in his own words " in SA nobody has the luxury of not carrying 1 up" as I was clearing

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post

Maybe he was upset as the SAPS does not have money for ammunition. And they only get 5 or 10 rounds to carry in magazines. And told some or other BS about the reason they only have so little in.
    I Strongly disagree.

He was more than likely upset because he cant count to 15 or 16 on demand without using his fingers, pen and paper, fuckit probably crayons

User

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    I see you from the Vaal. Can't remember if it was V Town or Meyerton where my cousin got arrested.
    At the state of the vaal lately id rather be in a jail cell than on the streets

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    So if your dad loaded 16 into a 15 round magazines I could understand that could damage his magazine. But even then it would be his choice.
    The magazine is designed for 15 and there was only 15 in. The 1 in chamber has no effect on the functioning of the 15 in magazine.

If a +2 Shoe is attached and the mag is emptied and rounds counted it gets even worse as then even the Mag is on "overload", not just the firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    If a +2 Shoe is attached and the mag is emptied and rounds counted it gets even worse as then even the Mag is on "overload", not just the firearm.
    If the officer unloaded that any. He would have been off work for + 6 months for PTSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I would love spending a night or 2 in the tjoekie because of a doos cop like that, I mean the biggest decision id have to make afterwards is which gun shop to grace by buying an STI and which fucking hotel ill be taking my wife and kids to in Mauritius, with that idiots money
    You're very likely to get an STI out of the deal, just not the one you would like.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast