Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Average wait for ballistic testing?

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Yes. Why not? Regardless of its objective value it remains my property.
    Ok I have never had to use any of my guns in self defense, so Im wondering if I ever have to, would there be any sentiment to those casings.... I think maybe yes.

On another note, I really hope that they can prioritize ballistic testing for firearms used in defense over amnesty applications, I went for the amnesty this morning but it was about a 6-7 hour que, so ill go back later....

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Ok I have never had to use any of my guns in self defense, so Im wondering if I ever have to, would there be any sentiment to those casings.... I think maybe yes.On another note, I really hope that they can prioritize ballistic testing for firearms used in defense over amnesty applications, I went for the amnesty this morning but it was about a 6-7 hour que, so ill go back later....
    They don't care. It's definitely a mixed date pile. I wouldn't openly state sentiment. You'll be on the news having written your letter at age 11 wanting to kill and keepsake.I'm probably being dramatic.

it would appear you either lucky and get it within couple of weeks or you wait foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr

User

Quote Originally Posted by wthang View Post
    They don't care. It's definitely a mixed date pile. I wouldn't openly state sentiment. You'll be on the news having written your letter at age 11 wanting to kill and keepsake.I'm probably being dramatic.
    Sentiment, as in the Grim Reaper came to fetch me that day, but I didnt die, "these few casings are from rounds which I carried every single day for self defense, and that day self defence came out on top...." See, no pre meditated news worthy murdery intentions at all.

User

Sentiment, as in the Grim Reaper came to fetch me that day, but I didnt die, "these few casings are from rounds which I carried every single day for self defense, and that day self defence came out on top...." See, no pre meditated news worthy murdery intentions at all.
    You're speaking to the converted. I'm referring to the average reporter.

Ok I have never had to use any of my guns in self defense, so Im wondering if I ever have to, would there be any sentiment to those casings.... I think maybe yes.

On another note, I really hope that they can prioritize ballistic testing for firearms used in defense over amnesty applications, I went for the amnesty this morning but it was about a 6-7 hour que, so ill go back later....
    Sentimentality doesn't come into it. It is the principle of private property in the hands of a the state for a specific purpose being returned when that purpose no longer exists.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

For what its worth, they also have to wait for a decision on the inquest docket before they can release the gun. It may just be a ready excuse in some instances to say that they are waiting for ballistics rather than try to explain the intricacies of that process to people.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by wthang View Post
    You're speaking to the converted. I'm referring to the average reporter.
    I dont give a shit about the average reporter.... The average prosecutor or judge, those I care about, and they actually have to listen to what you (your council) has to say, other than the reporters who write anything to create sensation...

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Sentimentality doesn't come into it. It is the principle of private property in the hands of a the state for a specific purpose being returned when that purpose no longer exists.
    Ok I understand what you mean... The state shouldnt get to keep the casings just because they are the state, basic principal

User

I dont give a shit about the average reporter.... The average prosecutor or judge, those I care about, and they actually have to listen to what you (your council) has to say, other than the reporters who write anything to create sensation...
    Maybe have your morning coffee and take a chill pill and read again. Nobody's attacking you! The person presiding has nothing to do with your spent brass.It'll also be the last thing you'd be worried about after the fact.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast