User

Default Kershaw Emerson - Stuck open position

Hi folks,

I used my knife this morning to cut some electrical extension cord and join two cables. I did not abuse it now or bend it in any weird way. When trying to close my knife I cannot for the love of money get it to close...

The framelock does not want to budge a millimeter, just wandered if you guys have a quick fix? I am at the office so don't have access to Q20 or tools yet, only this evening and has this ever happened to anyone else?

Banned

Default Re: Kershaw Emerson - Stuck open position

Get a flat screwdriver, flat spoon handle etc.

Take the knife in your hand and place it on a sheaf of paper or wooden board as if cutting,

Insert the screwdriver from beneath into the frame lock, and gently pry it open while applying pressure from the cutting hand.

Basically there are two options which caused the lockup:
    - the action is either stiff from being new, and a burr or something similar is blocking it,

- the action is loose, and the frame lock went too far.

Another option would be to keep it as is, and take it apart at home, clean it, and reassemble.

User

Default Re: Kershaw Emerson - Stuck open position

Thanks DSJ! Will give it a bash, I suspect the action was too lose as you describe above and the lock went too far. This is because the screw on the pivot in front was quite lose now when I felt it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan4558 View Post
    Thanks DSJ! Will give it a bash, I suspect the action was too lose as you describe above and the lock went too far. This is because the screw on the pivot in front was quite lose now when I felt it.
    My pleasure.