Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Safety glasses over glasses

Got my new set today. "Elvex Brow Specs Clear Lens AF/PC anti fog SG-31-AF" and with that you must order "Elvex RX Lens Insert Carrier". The new carrier just replaces the old nose piece, clip it out and clip in the carrier.

User

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    This is what I'm interested in. What size are your prescription glasses? Can you maybe show how they fit inside the safety Eyewear?
    I'm unable to upload photographs. PM me your cell number and I'll WhatsApp the photos, alternatively your e-mail address and I'll e-mail them. I must add that it's uncomfortable, but bearable and you get used to it. You have have to use a strap (the type that slides on to the glasses's frame and goes around the back of your head) on the safety glasses if you shoot something like IPSC where you move a lot.

I wore shooting glasses with a prescription insert for years. A few different brands. They all suck.

I transitioned to contacts and have not looked back.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

I've tried the monthly disposable contacts but they didn't work for me with the dust on the range.

User

I cant bare the idea of putting contacts in.
    Have never tried contacts and not really keen on it.

I think I'll get the Wurth safety glasses and give them a go. Wurth quality is normally decent so I'm expecting that they will work quite well

Take look at the Elvex SG-31C-AF from Cerberus tactical with the Elvex RX Insert. Under R400 for the two plus the cost of a set of lenses from your optician. Not as sporty as brands like the Rudy Project shooting glasses, but a fraction of the cost and I found them to be comfortable, and if the protective outer lens gets scratched, you can replace it very inexpensively, or even get the clear, grey and yellow lens/frames to from the get-go.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat1607 View Post
    Take look at the Elvex SG-31C-AF from Cerberus tactical with the Elvex RX Insert. Under R400 for the two plus the cost of a set of lenses from your optician. Not as sporty as brands like the Rudy Project shooting glasses, but a fraction of the cost and I found them to be comfortable, and if the protective outer lens gets scratched, you can replace it very inexpensively, or even get the clear, grey and yellow lens/frames to from the get-go.
    That looks to be an ideal solution. I phoned a couple of optometrists and they all say they will have to make new lenses and install it in the insert, all are quoting in a the region of R1000.
    From what I can see, the insert comes with lenses already installed that just need to be glazed to the correct prescription.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bl4d3 View Post
    That looks to be an ideal solution. I phoned a couple of optometrists and they all say they will have to make new lenses and install it in the insert, all are quoting in a the region of R1000.
    From what I can see, the insert comes with lenses already installed that just need to be glazed to the correct prescription.
    As far as I know the lenses it comes with are just plastic placeholders.

You need an optometrist to cut new lenses.

I know I was quoted 500 for this in Cape Town less than a month ago

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    As far as I know the lenses it comes with are just plastic placeholders.

You need an optometrist to cut new lenses.

I know I was quoted 500 for this in Cape Town less than a month ago

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
    Just ordered a set of Elvex SG-31G-AF with the insert.

The prices I got was R343exvat per lens from Spectacle Warehouse, without any hardening coating

Bl4d3, good luck, I hope they work for you as well as they have for me. They're comfortable when I wear them with my Howard Leight Impact Sports, and even sitting around straight after range sessions without needing to get my prescription glasses.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast