Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Provincial DFO requiring dealer stock firearms to be handed in

Provincial DFO is requiring that Gunshops hand in firearms in their dealer stock register that do not reflect on CFR database. These firearms will be destroyed. How can a firearm suddenly disappear from CFR database. I've heard from more than one dealership that this is happening.

User

Default Re: Provincial DFO requiring dealer stock firearms to be handed in

This can be true.

This morning SAPS are collecting 480 firearms from Taurus gunshop in Parow.

Most of these guns were stored at this shop when another local gun shop in CT closed down years ago.

Most of the firearms are new glocks, Taurus, Berettas, Norincos and other brands.

I doubt they will be destroyed. No way SAPS will destroy so many brand new firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
    I doubt they will be destroyed. No way SAPS will destroy so many brand new firearms.
    What makes you think that they won't? Objective value?

If they will destroy boxed matched pairs of Purdey's they will destroy it all.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Banned

Methinks this is a hint at the "other" market availability. There has already been arrests of a clerk and her cronies that were selling amnesty weapons.

User

So suddenly a weapon that has been paid for and awaiting to be licensed disappears off the "system" and it our problem??? How can this be? Someone at CFR "removed" the firearm from the system, now you have a total loss of your property as it will be destroyed because it's an "illegal" gun, that used to be legal?????

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post

If they will destroy boxed matched pairs of Purdey's they will destroy it all.
    That is sad stuff and it has been bothering me of late. What is SA's collecting associations' involvement or non-involvement in in a situation where such a firearm is handed in?

Banned

If other weapons can disappear from the system, it should be possible for stored weapons to disappear from the system.

A friend's FIL passed away and they are now relicensing his firearms. His shotgun is not on the system.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Marc05 View Post
    Provincial DFO is requiring that Gunshops hand in firearms in their dealer stock register that do not reflect on CFR database. These firearms will be destroyed. How can a firearm suddenly disappear from CFR database. I've heard from more than one dealership that this is happening.
    If they have the paper trail then screw saps.Won't be the first time that stock miraculously appears or get get abducted by aliens from the register.

Marc, I suggest you chat to Paul Oxley, I'll whatsapp you now.

They prob have a bunch of clowns helping out with amnesty apps who are busy crashing the system and clicking on shit they shouldn't be.

User

Thanks George, me thinks lots of firearm owners with firearms in dealer stock will have a serious shock in the next couple of weeks. I think this was a concerted last minute mission by SAPS to get guns handed in, threatening gunshops to hand in weapons. Sad state of affairs.

Most of the once at Taurus were from Sabi Weapons that closed down about 10 to 15 years back. Those firearms were never transferred over onto Taurus Stock. As it was just stored at the time or over time. As these firearms are now not Taurus Stock. And belongs to no one who purchased. The DFO said it had to come into the 13 Store. There is small talk it will possibly be able to put on dealer stock. But not high hopes. There is several brand new Glocks in there boxes in that count. Most Gen 2 and I almost want to say Gen 1 also.

There is also estate firearms stored there now for way past 15 years. Estate lawyers were infomed several times over years as well as families. No one ever came to apply or collect. So these also going in. As they were stored and never put onto dealer stock.

So no current firearms inn process of being applied for involved. So do not stress on that part or paper trails. None of that.

These were merely forearms stored never on stock. But on the peoples or other dealers names for years being stored.

Taurus wanted to hand in these Sabi and unclaimed estate firearms for years for storage at SAPS. But the DFO never wanted to take it to store. They now changed there mind under the amnesty going on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast