• Yes

101 38.55%
  • Undecided

31 11.83%
  • No, not for the near future

78 29.77%
  • Never

52 19.85%
Page 375 of 644 FirstFirst ... 275 325 365 373 374 375 376 377 385 425 475 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 6434
    User

Default Re: Will you be getting a COVID-19 vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Just curious - did you get a positive diagnosis, or did you assume covid? Curious as one would assume sort of natural immunity?
    Positive test results in both cases. First one was a nasal swab and got results within 24 hours. Last one was a rapid test followed by nasal swab that both showed positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Risk profiles are totally different. It was very carefully managed.
    Outcomes in mortality totally different. Some would see a parallel there relating to management, or attempted management.
    Covid should not be treated with vaccines. With such low mortality rates it should be allowed to spread until we achieve worldwide natural immunity or half the political class is dead, whichever comes first.
    All in favor, say “aye”!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    There are legitimate concerns to being forced to take medication that you don’t know the long terms effects of so you cannot make an informed choice. To me the issue is getting vaccinated won’t stop you spreading or contracting Covid. Also if it about health then why are we not mandating physical exercise to combat heart disease, depression etc and banning unhealthy lifestyle habits. It should always be a personal choice. Not mandated. And to say the hospitals are over stretched is also rather condescending as they always were. Why the negative coercion why shutting down any discussion and discourse?
    I do not believe this virus mandates the need for enforced actions, this is not Ebola.

I how ever am now at the stage where I have friends that will never be the same again, yesterday they were hard boys, today they frail care boys.
    My gunsmith is such,one serious proper dutchman, my mothers side of family kinda guy - hard as nails physically and mentally. One of those guys I call "hard bodies' - just naturally, genetically fkin strong. I would not be able to stand my own even if I had had a few
    Felt sick, went home, needed a ambulance by midnight, respirator next day - 2 weeks.
    My mate came home a big head on a frail body and a tiny voice, he has no power, not even in his speech -tired broken. Its been 2 months and he still can not make a full week at work.
    This thing is not a joke for some people.

My neighbor has one kidney, asma and is a diabetic, she said it was nice to get off work, gave her time to catch up in the garden. The sneezing and coughing was rather unpleasant Dave.

User

Quote Originally Posted by dammitgriff View Post
    Outcomes in mortality totally different. Some would see a parallel there relating to management, or attempted management.
    Covid should not be treated with vaccines. With such low mortality rates it should be allowed to spread until we achieve worldwide natural immunity or half the political class is dead, whichever comes first.
    All in favor, say “aye”!
    Aye

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    Positive test results in both cases. First one was a nasal swab and got results within 24 hours. Last one was a rapid test followed by nasal swab that both showed positive.

Thanks for that - interested that you got it twice after, I assume, not being vaxxed at first infection.

User

Thanks for that - interested that you got it twice after, I assume, not being vaxxed at first infection.
    Friend of mine had it 3 times, having got it early on in 2020 the first time.

Third time was NOT the charm, he died of it 2 months ago today

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    I have been offering equal money to any takers willing to back their certainty claims.
    Equal money on the following.
    Every vaccinated person will be dead in two years.
    Every vaccinated person will have massive immunity overload reaction - die, wish they had.
    I will accept 50 % vaccinated persons reacting as above as a "you win".

The only takers I have had are people wanting to bet money I can not afford to bet - IE: they did not want to wager so made the wager impossible to carry out, and turned down a R5000 wager because they evidently dont want to waste their time (you know the type).
    I was actually expecting takers, but with modified time spans, but alas it was not to be, not even they were present.

Yes the above is silly, I know, but again it sorts noise from facts. Not one person was will to put his big statements behind his money in a public way, in front of friends associates.

Ey! but what the hell, it makes for lively noise.
    I love this test. Normally when I’m confident about something, and tired of arguing, I commit it to a written wager. Normally a R200 bottle of wine. In more than 15 bets, I’ve only lost once, and paid that with a previous scored bottle. In my experience, it’s a quick bullshit detector. Terms must be clear, though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting developments. FDA panel has voted against approving Pfizer booster doses.

Banned

Interesting developments. FDA panel has voted against approving Pfizer booster doses.
    my fear, later ------------------ later findings

Just for a little more info:

In a surprising vote, a panel of advisers to the Food and Drug Administration recommended against approval of a booster dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for people 16 years and older.

The 16-2 vote against broad use of the booster, which would be given about six months after completion of the two-dose immunization regimen, dealt a setback to Pfizer and complicates the FDA's approach to boosters.

After a brief intermission following the rejection, FDA officials returned to the meeting with a revised booster question. The panel then voted 18-0 in support of the agency authorizing a booster shot of the vaccine for people 65 and older or at high risk of severe COVID-19.

FDA then polled the panel members for advice on other groups of people who might be considered for a booster. Though not an official vote, the panel member unanimously supported authorization of a Pfizer booster dose for health care workers or others at high risk of occupational COVID-19 exposure.

The agency typically follows the advice of its advisory committees, though it isn't required to.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...-covid-booster

Page 375 of 644 FirstFirst ... 275 325 365 373 374 375 376 377 385 425 475 ... LastLast