• Yes

101 38.55%
  • Undecided

31 11.83%
  • No, not for the near future

78 29.77%
  • Never

52 19.85%
Page 366 of 644 FirstFirst ... 266 316 356 364 365 366 367 368 376 416 466 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,660 of 6434
    User

Default Re: Will you be getting a COVID-19 vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    'Heard this on Hot FM yesterday.

"If you are vegan, fully vaxxed, and from Bishops (I assume some la dee da school?)

What do you tell people first?"
    That you are from Bishops and have selfies with Fiona

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    That you are from Bishops and have selfies with Fiona

Gold medal post

Quote Originally Posted by Luker View Post
    "Experimental" is emotionally charged ?? How woke can you get !

All science involves experiment. The problem with the "vaccines" is that they have to date proven to be
    a failed experiment. An experiment is generally interpreted to be what the experimenter wanted. This experimental trial
    has not produced the desired result. At great risk to the populace.
    Globally vaccines have been very effective at reducing risk of acquiring COVID, and especially effective at reducing the consequences of this. So not really a failed experiment.

Also not sure about what the risk to the populace is?

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by tcbc View Post
    Globally vaccines have been very effective at reducing risk of acquiring COVID, and especially effective at reducing the consequences of this. So not really a failed experiment.

Also not sure about what the risk to the populace is?

Very effective ?

I don't think very effective. I am seeing many people come down with COVID after they been vaccinated.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    Very effective ?

I don't think very effective. I am seeing many people come down with COVID after they been vaccinated.
    Seems as if the vaccines in SA are about 65% effective at preventing person from getting infected. Of those who get COVID despite being vaccinated, less than 5% end up in hospital and less than 0.5% die. So not perfect, but better than nothing.

Personally, from available data, serious short term problems with the vaccines are so rare that they can be ignored. Nobody knows what the long term effects might be. Extrapolating data from similar vaccines that have been around a bit longer, probably nothing.

Everybody should be allowed to make their own choice if they want to be vaccinated or not. To me, it's a fairy simple equation: minimal risk vs moderate benefit.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by Bonedoc View Post
    Seems as if the vaccines in SA are about 65% effective at preventing person from getting infected. Of those who get COVID despite being vaccinated, less than 5% end up in hospital and less than 0.5% die. So not perfect, but better than nothing.
    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Agreed
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Banned

I am fortunate enough to be raised, to live in a family group that was 1/3 based on a motor mechanic mechanical upbringing, 1/3 nature conservation and utilization upbringing and then the other 1/3 was nursing. My mother was a nurse(training incl) from 17 years old. I am surrounded by old nurses and their children who are now old nurses whose children have just become nurses - it just runs in our family and the derived friends thereof till now third generation.

I was chatting to the new generation 19-24 + year old's a short while back about this vaccine and still getting Covid, the answers were the same every time.

David not one person here is vaccinated.
    Uncle Dave here are only pre covid very unhealthy people and not vaccinated people in ICU.
    Uncle Dave I dunno I think we not seeing all the vaccinated people with Covid, they just do not need the hospitable.
    So for me I have my answers in regard to the vaccine working or not, not from a article or bulletin, but from MY people.
    So that is answered for me - the question now for me is does this vaccine, will this vaccine have issues further down the line - that I you, we do not know, I am hoping not, I believe not, I dunno

User

Excuse me if I sound cold- I see the necessity of the vaccine for vulnerable people- but my definition of a successful vaccine is one that allows a person to take off his mask and go on with his life.

User

It’s not about the vaccine, though.

User

An observational and Mendelian randomisation study on vitamin D and COVID-19 risk in UK Biobank

"A growing body of evidence suggests that vitamin D deficiency has been associated with an increased susceptibility to viral and bacterial respiratory infections. In this study, we aimed to examine the association between vitamin D and COVID-19 risk and outcomes. We used logistic regression to identify associations between vitamin D variables and COVID-19 (risk of infection, hospitalisation and death) in 417,342 participants from UK Biobank. We subsequently performed a Mendelian Randomisation (MR) study to look for evidence of a causal effect. In total, 1746 COVID-19 cases (399 deaths) were registered between March and June 2020. We found no significant associations between COVID-19 infection risk and measured 25-OHD levels after adjusted for covariates, but this finding is limited by the fact that the vitamin D levels were measured on average 11 years before the pandemic. Ambient UVB was strongly and inversely associated with COVID-19 hospitalization and death overall and consistently after stratification by BMI and ethnicity. We also observed an interaction that suggested greater protective effect of genetically-predicted vitamin D levels when ambient UVB radiation is stronger. The main MR analysis did not show that genetically-predicted vitamin D levels are causally associated with COVID-19 risk (OR = 0.77, 95% CI 0.55–1.11, P = 0.160), but MR sensitivity analyses indicated a potential causal effect (weighted mode MR: OR = 0.72, 95% CI 0.55–0.95, P = 0.021; weighted median MR: OR = 0.61, 95% CI 0.42–0.92, P = 0.016). Analysis of MR-PRESSO did not find outliers for any instrumental variables and suggested a potential causal effect (OR = 0.80, 95% CI 0.66–0.98, p-val = 0.030). In conclusion, the effect of vitamin D levels on the risk or severity of COVID-19 remains controversial, further studies are needed to validate vitamin D supplementation as a means of protecting against worsened COVID-19."

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-97679-5

Page 366 of 644 FirstFirst ... 266 316 356 364 365 366 367 368 376 416 466 ... LastLast