• Undecided

31 11.83%
  • No, not for the near future

78 29.77%
  • Never

52 19.85%
Page 74 of 644 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 574 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Will you be getting a COVID-19 vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    My money is on them fucking it up so badly that SA becomes the leading reservoir for new strains.
    Well, if Geert vanden Bossche is right, the opposite might be true. And logically, what he says makes sense, at least to me.

I read an article a few days ago (which I unfortunately cant find now) about 'Variants of concern/interest' and of this list of about 15, around 5 of them was from the UK.

User

That article does not state government will implement that policy, well at least for now, that article merely state that they will allow companies or employers to implement mandatory vaccination policies.

So if someone is forcing you to do it, currently that will not be government, technically speaking.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    A forked tongued squirrel! I'm shocked.
    "I never thought it possible" says I with both of my tongue in cheek comments.
    We are both shocked I see...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-stick View Post
    "I never thought it possible" says I with both of my tongue in cheek comments.
    We are both shocked I see...
    Ha ha, yip mark me down as "Shocked but not surprised".

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    TBH this is completely unacceptable.

In Step 5 it says that a worker who refuses vaccination on medical or constitutional grounds would need to be accommodated by the employer in one or more ways.

One way is allowing work from home where possible, sounds fair right ?
    Another way... Self isolation in the workplace. So basically you sit in the corner like a leper.
    Another way... Wearing an N95 mask in the workplace, which is much more restrictive than even government laws about just a cloth mask.

Outrageous.
    That is only IF the employer decides to institute a mandatory policy and an employee refuses IF necessary. It doesn't say they have to do those things, they are options. Making the policy non-mandatory or only mandatory for a certain category is allowed for. It does not allow for dismissal because of it. If they do institute a policy and someone is forced to wear a mask when it is no longer a legal requirement from .gov I can see some complaints from a constitutional basis coming.

A complicated topic for large business owners.

At my workplace the engineers will all likely need to get it to resume travel. We're all on board but even if we were not, we wouldn't make it a policy in the short term. I'm glad I don't need to manage this for a mining or construction company

User

So the old girl had her vaccine this morning, got there at 8-33, out by 9-07, very slick and professional. That includes 15 minutes waiting time after jab to see if there are any reactions.
    So she's sipping Old Brown sherry now.

On the mandatory vaccination front, not surprised by that. Most likely the objective from the beginning, just keep chipping away until there is nothing left.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sean KZN View Post
    So the old girl had her vaccine this morning, got there at 8-33, out by 9-07, very slick and professional. That includes 15 minutes waiting time after jab to see if there are any reactions.
    So she's sipping Old Brown sherry now.

On the mandatory vaccination front, not surprised by that. Most likely the objective from the beginning, just keep chipping away until there is nothing left.
    Was this done by a state facility/entity?
    If it was, may I ask why can't they always be professional and slick? I wonder.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Was this done by a state facility/entity?
    If it was, may I ask why can't they always be professional and slick? I wonder.
    This was done at Momentum life centre, Cornubia business park. Hope it keeps on working like a well oiled machine.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    TBH this is completely unacceptable.

In Step 5 it says that a worker who refuses vaccination on medical or constitutional grounds would need to be accommodated by the employer in one or more ways.

One way is allowing work from home where possible, sounds fair right ?
    Another way... Self isolation in the workplace. So basically you sit in the corner like a leper.
    Another way... Wearing an N95 mask in the workplace, which is much more restrictive than even government laws about just a cloth mask.

Outrageous.
    AGREED!
    This is bad and sad at the same time... Oh well, I guess I will be in the corner with my N95 literally.
    This shouldn't even be open for discussion or debate in any form whatsoever. The Government should step in NOW and shut this down. it's simple your life, your choice, no coercing or judging anyone.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

My daughter had the Astra Zeneca vaccine earlier this year (2 doses). She is now in hospital with Covid..
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Page 74 of 644 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 574 ... LastLast