• Undecided

31 11.83%
  • No, not for the near future

78 29.77%
  • Never

52 19.85%
Page 52 of 644 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 552 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Will you be getting a COVID-19 vaccine?

Strategic Advisory Group of Experts (SAGE)
    Such an appealing acronym, I like a little sage here and there.

Of course, instead off vaccinating all those migrants, they could just administer a healthy dose of Ivermectin and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

On a serious note, DR. Jackie Stone has some very interesting information regarding Zimbabwe's response to the bat flu. Keep that Ivermectin handy, it may be more useful than presumed.

User

Interesting. Thanks.

The difference between the 2 situations is that yellow fever is limited to a few geographical areas. If you choose to not go to those places, you don't need the vaccine.

Covid vaccine seems to be heading in a different direction where everyone may be forced to have it one way or another, especially if they want to travel.

User

The similarity between the two situations are that if you live in or traveled to those areas, you cannot travel to any other place on the globe without having the vaccine.

The only real difference is the size of the affected geographical area.

User

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    The similarity between the two situations are that if you live in or traveled to those areas, you cannot travel to any other place on the globe without having the vaccine.

Well the point of the yellow fever situation is to stop it spreading to other geological regions.

If it were already spread to all regions then their would be no point of the restrictions would there?

So now we are being told that COVID is spread everywhere (except China and North Korea apparently) but we need to put into place precautions to prevent it from being spread everywhere.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

User

And that "only real difference" is one hell of a lot bigger than you seem to acknowledge.

A global vaccine is a very different and serious matter.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MJC View Post
    And that "only real difference" is one hell of a lot bigger than you seem to acknowledge.

A global vaccine is a very different and serious matter.
    I think the biggest difference is that the Yellow Fever vaccine is an approved vaccine and not an experimental one as with covid vaccines.

62 cases of reactions and 35 deaths since the 30's, how many vaccine deaths have we had from covid vaccines...

Since yellow fever vaccination began in the 1930s, only 12 known cases of yellow fever post-vaccination have been identified, after 600 million doses have been dispensed. Evidence showed that among this small number of "vaccine failures", all cases developed the disease within five years of vaccination. This demonstrates that immunity does not decrease with time.
    The yellow fever 17D vaccine is considered safe, with over 500 million doses given and very few documented cases of vaccine associated illness (62 confirmed cases and 35 deaths as of January 2019)

User

Let's not confuse the matter here. My point is, vaccine "passports" are not new. Another example; from 1944 to 1981 all international travelers had to show proof of smallpox vaccination to go anywhere in the world. Is that geographically large enough for you? As someone that has to travel for work, I have been on the short end for a while.

For other diseases like polio, diphtheria, meningitis, etc, children had to be vaccinated to be enrolled in school. As all children have to go to school according to law, it effectively mandates childhood vaccinations.

As for vaccine safety; how long must a vaccine be tested before you think it is safe? How many doses with no adverse effects? How long until it is no longer experimental? How many million doses per death is acceptable? I cannot answer those questions. Personally, if I have to get the vaccine, I'd take the Jansen one. It will be just one more stamp and sticker on my vaccination card.

Banned

I'd like to say 'No', but the reality is that if you want to get on a plane you're going to need to have had one.

User

Let's not confuse the matter here. My point is, vaccine "passports" are not new. Another example; from 1944 to 1981 all international travelers had to show proof of smallpox vaccination to go anywhere in the world. Is that geographically large enough for you? As someone that has to travel for work, I have been on the short end for a while.

For other diseases like polio, diphtheria, meningitis, etc, children had to be vaccinated to be enrolled in school. As all children have to go to school according to law, it effectively mandates childhood vaccinations.

As for vaccine safety; how long must a vaccine be tested before you think it is safe? How many doses with no adverse effects? How long until it is no longer experimental? How many million doses per death is acceptable? I cannot answer those questions. Personally, if I have to get the vaccine, I'd take the Jansen one. It will be just one more stamp and sticker on my vaccination card.
    Let's not confuse it then, because you seem a bit desensitized to the idea.

The vaccine passport is not required just to travel and stop the virus spreading from one geographical area to another.
    It will be required to go to work, grocery shopping, a concert, a shooting match or as we have seen it will determine whether or not your are rescued from an island after a volcano eruption.

Lets not forget this is for a virus that's a non-event to roughly 95% of the population.

As for how long, probably at least the 10 year process a normal vaccine goes through, but personally, probably closer to 30 when there is a need for me to choose between the flu or an experimental vaccine.

Page 52 of 644 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 552 ... LastLast